• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: DOOM : UC Fraud

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DOOM : UC Fraud"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Erm three, Shirley?
    You're forgetting FOAtW...
    Three indeed.

It's not a FOaTw type thread since the original doomster wasn't aTw.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Two ugly slaphead mofos.

It explains a lot.
    Erm three, Shirley?
    You're forgetting FOAtW...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And a good mate of Gove

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    I knew about the Gove bit.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    And a good mate of Gove
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I didn't realise until recently Dominic Cummings worked for Iain Duncan tulip. (Or is that the other way round?)
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Two ugly slaphead mofos.

It explains a lot.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    The whole universal credit system has been a fiasco from start to finish.
    I didn't realise until recently Dominic Cummings worked for Iain Duncan tulip. (Or is that the other way round?)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If politicians were personally accountable for their actions there won’t be any alive other than in jail

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Can we somehow make Boris or Sunak pay all this fraud cash back to the treasury? If they are not personally accountable they will keep pissing the tax payers’s billions in every which way they can.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Until of course the masses decide its unfair the "rich people" get it
    The more you earn, the more tax you pay, until it benefits you not a jot.

It'll probably happen someday. Funny thing, the first time I heard of it was a very right wing Cambridge don. It's about making the state as small as possible - that's a right wing ideology. (That I entirely agree with).

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They could not arrange remote video call as part of application before paying out to at least get face of whoever claims?

Entirely valid check, plenty more simple checks possible.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They could not arrange remote video call as part of application before paying out to at least get face of whoever claims?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Universal income would solve may problems (i.e. everyone gets a basic income rich or poor). Gone are the masses of civil servants and bureaucracy used to calculate benefits. No-one falls through the net. No other top-ups are allowed. If you are working, fine the taxation system will resolve the balance. The world is not the same as 30+ years ago, there are no jobs for life, the benefit system is in a mess. Total reform is needed.
    Until of course the masses decide its unfair the "rich people" get it. We have hundreds of means tested benefits, child benefit being one of the few that was universal until they decided people earning over £60k shouldn't get it.

I agree total reform is needed Universal credit was supposed to be that, constantly moving people toward work. Maybe its the idiots in charge that need reforming, this is basic stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Universal income would solve may problems (i.e. everyone gets a basic income rich or poor). Gone are the masses of civil servants and bureaucracy used to calculate benefits. No-one falls through the net. No other top-ups are allowed. If you are working, fine the taxation system will resolve the balance. The world is not the same as 30+ years ago, there are no jobs for life, the benefit system is in a mess. Total reform is needed.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    They employed the usual suspects.

I would suggest in this case they ask the bank the DWP paid into to cough up the money because they failed to verify the person.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    WT actually FFFFFF

Given how insane the rest of the UC system is how did that slip through the checks.
    There were no checks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X