• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New forum testing

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New forum testing"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Anyone else getting a **** ton of sql error messages when trying to post?
    No SQL errors but every so often get a message about being banned or something. I wonder if NF is going to fix that as well.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Anyone else getting a **** ton of sql error messages when trying to post?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 09.54.37.png
Views:	53
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	4273352
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SimonMac; 11 September 2023, 09:43.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I mentioned this before and I think it was something to do with service caching or something but...

When viewing the top level of the forums it's not showing the latest threads. For example...

Right now Accounting Legal is showing One to Avoid - Tax club with a date/time of Today 11:49 but if you go in Accounting Legal the newest update is by Fred Bloggs on BTL property at 13:16.

EDIT : Interestingly in General it's picking up a thread from Brexit and not the latest ones in the main area.

It is just caching or is it picking different sub forums in some kind of priority?
    Shouldn't this be in the bug reporting thread?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I mentioned this before and I think it was something to do with service caching or something but...

When viewing the top level of the forums it's not showing the latest threads. For example...

Right now Accounting Legal is showing One to Avoid - Tax club with a date/time of Today 11:49 but if you go in Accounting Legal the newest update is by Fred Bloggs on BTL property at 13:16.

EDIT : Interestingly in General it's picking up a thread from Brexit and not the latest ones in the main area.

It is just caching or is it picking different sub forums in some kind of priority?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 17 November 2021, 15:12.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Are you seeing a grey background? - it's not usually a 404 (page not found) error, it's usually a timeout issue...
    Yes, asks if I want to check the wayback archive for the missing page.

EDIT: Bizarrely, I can view same page when logged out.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 21 July 2021, 13:34.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Are you seeing a grey background? - it's not usually a 404 (page not found) error, it's usually a timeout issue...
    When I'm logged on it says I don't have the permission to view my own profile

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Can't seem to find my profile; page not found.

All other links are fine.

qh

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Can't seem to find my profile; page not found.

All other links are fine.

qh

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'm guessing this no longer needs to be a sticky?
    It wouldn't surprise me if the functionality to unsticky a thread doesn't work .

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Go to first unread post is still broken. So, i'm officially veto'ing this request.
    This thread is for the test instance of the forum. The bug list is still very much alive and kicking

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Go to first unread post is still broken. So, i'm officially veto'ing this request.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    If I were NickFitz, i'd want my name taken off this upgrade. My scroll-finger has gotten RSI already this morning due to the excessive white space.

And the "go to first unread post" seems to be broken.
    Good news for you is the delete post process is quicker. Should save you some time that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post

Sockie check plugin isn't working.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Really not keen on the UI upgrade at all.

Real progress would have been a command line only forum.

Based on the nasty UI and the nasty moderators, I think I will move to somewhere in the 21st century rather than this kludge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X