• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

Reply to: New forum testing

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New forum testing"

Collapse

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Are you seeing a grey background? - it's not usually a 404 (page not found) error, it's usually a timeout issue...
    Yes, asks if I want to check the wayback archive for the missing page.

EDIT: Bizarrely, I can view same page when logged out.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 21 July 2021, 13:34.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Are you seeing a grey background? - it's not usually a 404 (page not found) error, it's usually a timeout issue...
    When I'm logged on it says I don't have the permission to view my own profile

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Can't seem to find my profile; page not found.

All other links are fine.

qh

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Can't seem to find my profile; page not found.

All other links are fine.

qh

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'm guessing this no longer needs to be a sticky?
    It wouldn't surprise me if the functionality to unsticky a thread doesn't work .

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Go to first unread post is still broken. So, i'm officially veto'ing this request.
    This thread is for the test instance of the forum. The bug list is still very much alive and kicking

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Go to first unread post is still broken. So, i'm officially veto'ing this request.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If I were NickFitz, i'd want my name taken off this upgrade. My scroll-finger has gotten RSI already this morning due to the excessive white space.

And the "go to first unread post" seems to be broken.
    Good news for you is the delete post process is quicker. Should save you some time that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post

Sockie check plugin isn't working.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Really not keen on the UI upgrade at all.

Real progress would have been a command line only forum.

Based on the nasty UI and the nasty moderators, I think I will move to somewhere in the 21st century rather than this kludge.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Really not keen on the UI upgrade at all.

Real progress would have been a command line only forum.

Based on the nasty UI and the nasty moderators, I think I will move to somewhere in the 21st century rather than this kludge.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    The forum seems usable on 21" screen and using a wireless mouse. As for the laptops, it's a non-goer.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's vBulletin who created the software. My main job has been to fix, or find workarounds to, a shedload of things they'd done that made it even worse
    Ok, then i blame the testers. They should give back all the payments they received.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    If I were NickFitz, i'd want my name taken off this upgrade. My scroll-finger has gotten RSI already this morning due to the excessive white space.

And the "go to first unread post" seems to be broken.
    It's vBulletin who created the software. My main job has been to fix, or find workarounds to, a shedload of things they'd done that made it even worse

Leave a comment:

Working...
X