• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When did people on these forums get so brainwashed?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    When the inevitable happens, can we rename him OneManBanned?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And it's triangular which plays into the Illuminati theory...The Triangle Earth Society - Home | Facebook
    The All Seeing Eye.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And the One World Government illuminati mock you by putting it in plain sight on the UN flag.
    And it's triangular which plays into the Illuminati theory...The Triangle Earth Society - Home | Facebook

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The earth is flat. The North Pole is the centre and the South Pole is the rim. That’s why the Antarctic Treaty effectively puts the circumferential continent under military control.
    And the One World Government illuminati mock you by putting it in plain sight on the UN flag.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And the first one is for the USA. Does the UK have something in place regarding this starting 1/1/2021?
    Existing EU community marks will get copied over to UK system, US marks always separate.

Bottom line - additional cost of having to get UK trademark on top of US/EU

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “ Unfortunately, acronyms, abbreviations – or even initials – are not automatically granted trademark protection. To qualify for trademark protection, the acronym, abbreviations or initials must not be descriptive and consumers must not be able to recognize them as synonymous with a particular product.”

HOW TO TRADEMARK ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Completely irrelevant for something that I only care about within the UK (and even then it's for strategy reasons more than anything else).
    Won’t be relevant after 1 Jan 2021...
    And the first one is for the USA. Does the UK have something in place regarding this starting 1/1/2021?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Won’t be relevant after 1 Jan 2021...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Can I see evidence of your trademark?
    What. Coining it isn't enough? Darn. I wish I'd know back in those dark days of the PCG as was.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Completely irrelevant for something that I only care about within the UK (and even then it's for strategy reasons more than anything else).

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    https://euipo.europa.eu/ohimportal/e...-eu-trade-mark

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    “ Unfortunately, acronyms, abbreviations – or even initials – are not automatically granted trademark protection. To qualify for trademark protection, the acronym, abbreviations or initials must not be descriptive and consumers must not be able to recognize them as synonymous with a particular product.”

I know which is why I've Trade marked what was a googlewhack phrase for the second part of my current plan...
    Last edited by eek; 25 October 2020, 15:50.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    But I coined the acronym, so you have pay me half of the value of your invoices as licence.
    Can I see evidence of your trademark?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There's a whole heap of sweet and savoury opinions here but I'd say we're all far too contrary to be brainwashed by anything. I bet there's even a flat earther or two lurking about just so they can have an argument about it.
    The earth is flat. The North Pole is the centre and the South Pole is the rim. That’s why the Antarctic Treaty effectively puts the circumferential continent under military control.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    But I coined the acronym, so you have pay me half of the value of your invoices as licence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X