• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NLyUK - who's your Daddy?"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    Must be. If he was charging 10 shillings an hour (50 pence in new money?) even in 1958, that's not much more than 10 quid in today's money.

Obviously outsourcing it.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Excellent prank. I suspect either the current guy doing the work created it, or someone in the last few years put it there.

Edit: DS beat me to it.
    Must be. If he was charging 10 shillings an hour (50 pence in new money?) even in 1958, that's not much more than 10 quid in today's money.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Widely circulating in Glasgow in 1967 AIR.
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Excellent prank. I suspect either the current guy doing the work created it, or someone in the last few years put it there.

Like i said, I saw lots of them*, so it's perfectly feasible one would end up under a floorboard or such and stay there until major works were done.

*and if they were in Glasgow, they'd be in Mankyland and Scallyland, and probably Geordieland too.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    I'm calling hoax (sorry, #fakenews)

EDIT: Although, there's a picture of Percy here: Turnip Prize winner is a play on words | Weston Mercury
    Last edited by Paralytic; 21 October 2020, 12:16.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Would make sense NLyUK is from there!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    And Green Shield Stamps.

What a chap.

So sometime after 1958 and before decimalisation in 1971.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    HWMBO is offering Avios on my payments

How many "per mile travelled???"

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    HWMBO is offering Avios on my payments

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Silly sod forgot to put his mobile number on the card.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    And Green Shield Stamps.

What a chap.

So sometime after 1958 and before decimalisation in 1971.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Where's the original image source - I want to know what's been blurred out that's too salacious for the Fail

Bing search is your friend

'Friend works as restorer. Just found this under floorboards of old property he’s working on ...' The Poke

apparently something you do in the rigging.

The price list is even better.

You need to ask HWMBO if he can manage a "Bubble Shake" tonight.

Don't forget your green shield stamps!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Where's the original image source - I want to know what's been blurred out that's too salacious for the Fail

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    started a topic NLyUK - who's your Daddy?

NLyUK - who's your Daddy?

'Percy Long Prong's' calling card found during house restoration | Daily Mail Online

'Widows a speciality, spinsters delighted': Business card from 'Percy Long Prong' offering services for 10 shillings an hour - including 15 shillings for 'three strokes' with a whip as extras - is found during house restoration

• Man discovers card for a 'Percy Long Prong' underneath floorboards of a house
    • The racy 'business card' promises customers, particularly widows, a good time
    • Bizarre discovery offers prices in old British currency for a variety of 'services'
    Last edited by vetran; 21 October 2020, 12:04. Reason: maybe NSFW

Working...
X