• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My Lunch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Lunch"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    If I was instigating this policy, I'd say they can't serve booze for "business lunches".

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    P4BR14

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    SOYMF
    what has MF done to you

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    SOYMF

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Wonder how much they're saving on nhs with people dying at home from heart attacks, strokes and cancer instead of getting treated?
    As of August there are currently 30K additional home deaths non-covid above the 5 year average

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This Govt will do anything to save a few quid on not having to support pubs for another 6 months vs paying billions in future Nhs costs treating “long Covid” sufferers

It’s bonkers
    They don't need to treat long Covid sufferers they will just tell all the women it's in their minds for a decade or three, and ignore any man who isn't white and middle class.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    Wonder how much they're saving on nhs with people dying at home from heart attacks, strokes and cancer instead of getting treated?
    Long term Covid cost will be much higher - far exceeding any inheritance tax windfall that Treasure will get this year

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This Govt will do anything to save a few quid on not having to support pubs for another 6 months vs paying billions in future Nhs costs treating “long Covid” sufferers

It’s bonkers

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    A return to my champagne lunches.
    Excellent news
    Form a very orderly if you want to be on the invite list
    Friday whiskies might also return

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Are you allowed booze with your lunch? What constitutes a lunch? Some days I just have a bag of crisps or a piece of fruit.
    You can have both...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Are you allowed booze with your lunch? What constitutes a lunch? Some days I just have a bag of crisps or a piece of fruit.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

It’s bonkers

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    So another 'slight' alteration in the rules, no wonder people get confused and ignore them but what do you expect:

international law would be broken in a “very specific and limited way”.
    Presumably people will now just meet up for long and boozy lunches and when questioned, they can just say they're having a business meal, how ******* stupid is this government?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic My Lunch

My Lunch

“ Working lunches in the pub could be exempt from lockdown restrictions

Downing Street suggests meeting in a bar for 'work purposes' could be allowed, even in tier 2 and tier 3 areas”

Working lunches in the pub could be exempt from lockdown restrictions

So HMRC will allow full cost then?

Working...
X