• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Next gen gaming

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Next gen gaming"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Well, I’ve got all the above

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
    Been on GeForce Now for a few months. It’s great for turn based or strategy games. I am playing Battletech and Star Renegades on their at the moment.

I am not sure how good it is for games requiring fast reactions though.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Just got hold of its to try out on the freebie version and Playing Destiny2 on it without any problems.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Never said I would be playing the latest games as that's a battle you never win.

From what I have seen games on Steam are cheaper than the physical cd game you get for Xbox/PS/Switch.

qh
    If you’re comparing PS games then you’re looking at current though. Unless you mean Tekken 3 and other old PS2/3 stuff?

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    And yet all my kids go on about is a £3.99 game on Steam called 'Among Us'.

qh
    I've sunk hundreds of hours into that game... £3.99 well spent.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    So at £350 just for a graphics card to run the latest games well, how is it cheaper?
    Never said I would be playing the latest games as that's a battle you never win.

From what I have seen games on Steam are cheaper than the physical cd game you get for Xbox/PS/Switch.

qh

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Thankfully I've steered my lad down the home pc/gaming rig route, a bit cheaper anyway and you learn as you go.

He understands the high costs of PS/Xbox games and steam is a bit more economical and is decent when they have a sale on specific games. £6.99 for Halo 3? Oh yes!

qh
    So at £350 just for a graphics card to run the latest games well, how is it cheaper?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You are lucky with kids - games for new gen consoles are like t0-70 quid, how the feck kids can afford it or parents?
    Thankfully I've steered my lad down the home pc/gaming rig route, a bit cheaper anyway and you learn as you go.

He understands the high costs of PS/Xbox games and steam is a bit more economical and is decent when they have a sale on specific games. £6.99 for Halo 3? Oh yes!

qh

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We got an XBone as it was the most affordable way to get a 4K disc player and provided Netflix et al in one box with the option to play a few games.
    Bought the odd game but very rarely play them and as it turns out, I think we only own 2 UHD discs which we haven't watched yet (Planet Earth or one of those).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

qh
    You are lucky with kids - games for new gen consoles are like t0-70 quid, how the feck kids can afford it or parents?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied

qh

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Oi, ministrone, how is your new console?

Come out and play!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• caffeine man
    replied
    Regarding next gen. I am PS4 now. But thinking PC next gen. Reasons for going PC are:

*you get the Xbox games anyway
    *consoles are very expensive once you add in £50 annual Xbox live or PlayStation plus fees, particularly over 7 years.
    *both new consoles do not have much SSD storage. Extra SSD storage is expensive. Proprietary SSD tech on Xbox even more expensive.
    *I don’t like the lack of mouse support on consoles. They could put it in, but they don’t.
    *some brilliant indie games that are PC only
    *lack of decent console exclusive games this gen, in fact I am amazed by the lack of decent exclusives on release. Worst generation in 12 years.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine man
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Never owned a console, always went for PC games, but I haven't bought a gaming PC in years as I fell out of the habit of playing.

I am quite interested in trying out GeForce Now looks like a good option for playing games without the need to buy kit. I have a free account but not yet synced it with my Steam library.
    Been on GeForce Now for a few months. It’s great for turn based or strategy games. I am playing Battletech and Star Renegades on their at the moment.

I am not sure how good it is for games requiring fast reactions though.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I think the idea you have to have a box by the telly to play computer games is soooo 1990's.

10 years from now, not one of them will exist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X