• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "EU criminals barred under new points-based system"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you sure?
    Australia has a net migration of around 150,000

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2733490

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2639119

Sheffield has a population of around 650,000
    Australia has a population of 25 million, so more immigrants per 100,000.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    There is only rational explanation of this obvious travesty of justice - mods are also Gricer sockies!
    explains a lot!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I guess the mods would do even less about that than they do when one (or more) is identified.
    There is only rational explanation of this obvious travesty of justice - mods are also Gricer sockies!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    CUK really needs to include new checkbox on forum registration - “I certify that I am not a Gricer sockie”
    I guess the mods would do even less about that than they do when one (or more) is identified.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    CUK really needs to include new checkbox on forum registration - “I certify that I am not a Gricer sockie”

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Australia has more immigration than the UK.

Are you sure?
    Australia has a net migration of around 150,000

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2733490

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2639119

Sheffield has a population of around 650,000

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    For like 20 years now, but they still can't get close to that elusive "Australian style" point ssystem
    Australia has more immigration than the UK.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There is already a points system.
    For like 20 years now, but they still can't get close to that elusive "Australian style" point ssystem

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Looking at the latest migration statistics with EU net migration almost 0 and non-EU immigration rocketing, is clear that the "new" immigration system won't make any difference. There is already a points system.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Check them for prison tattoos on arrival. Simples...
    Anal diameter may work too.....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    It does apply but it's usual for EU citizens to use EU laws as they offer more protection. Point is they can appeal on a case basis.
    Not very usual for ex-cons who were in jail for over a year to go to court as a victim

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    That does not apply to EU citizens. If you find an example, show me.
    It does apply but it's usual for EU citizens to use EU laws as they offer more protection. Point is they can appeal on a case basis.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    So someone who paid their debt to society by doing time will not be allowed in, but those who avoided jail by various means will be welcomed with open arms?
    Its a punishment, not a debt to society. Having been burgled several times, even if the portraiture is caught and punished he will never pay back what is due to the victim.

I think you will find that most criminals are repeat offenders and when they are well known in their own county or country, they will go elsewhere to carry on their habit.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    I am sure the citizens of Eastern European countries will be very honest in disclosing their past. Especially if they know there is no collaboration between states.
    It is just nonsense, propaganda to keep the gammons happy in their little world.
    The most affected will be the british people that would suddenly loose rights to be able to work, health cover etc. in europe.
    And for the long term citizens that have relocated here, they now have more hoops.
    It is only aiding the corporations have more control over people.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    So someone who paid their debt to society by doing time will not be allowed in, but those who avoided jail by various means will be welcomed with open arms?
    The Conservative Govt does not like criminals who get caught

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X