• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BoZo does it again

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BoZo does it again"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The Guardian Jobs site?
    nah that is if you want to be a well paid public servant not restrained by chains in Manchester!

too subtle?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Same here.

Not sure why going back to work HAS to be physically in an office as the foamy mouthed are assuming.
    Absolutely, our company won't be expecting people back at work until Covid has disappeared. As one manager pointed out getting people back in the office means if there's an outbreak you lose a whole team for several weeks. This is not good for business. He also pointed out that lost days because of sickness is down significantly.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I wonder how much they will get for him down the Slave Market?
    The Guardian Jobs site?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

I wonder how much they will get for him down the Slave Market?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Same here.

Not sure why going back to work HAS to be physically in an office as the foamy mouthed are assuming.
    This /\

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    We call on allies of the Jewish community to reject hate and vote the Tories out.
    Good news for the LibDems, presumably that's another 4 votes for them.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    As permie I have to suck it up b1tch!
    In seriousness I anticipate a bunch of disputes over this - employees being sacked for refusing to come into the office, cases to determine if they actually needed to be in to work or not. I would say particularly for those in unions, but I'd imagine as a generalisation union workers have jobs which can't be done from home (not all obviously but alarge proprtion).

On the one hand employers might struggle in the current climate getting bolshy over this. On the other, firing someone saves on redundancy and furlough assistance so companies might be keen to find ways to dismiss staff.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Why are you sorry? Nobody else is.
    It's more pity, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    You choose to interpret it one way, I choose another. I am very sorry that you are unable to understand that people have different views to you, it must make life very challenging and upsetting.
    Why are you sorry? Nobody else is.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Yeah because a Labour Government would only be Anti Semitic.
    Surely you're thinking about Boris Johnson:

Boris Johnson’s record of bigotry, antisemitism and far-right politics must not be forgotten | Letters | Politics | The Guardian

Boris Johnson has invoked some of the oldest and most pernicious antisemitic stereotypes in a book he wrote when he was a Conservative shadow minister. He describes “Jewish oligarchs” who run the media, and fiddle the figures to fix elections in their favour.

He portrays a Jewish character, Sammy Katz, with a “proud nose and curly hair”, and paints him as a malevolent, stingy, snake-like Jewish businessman who exploits immigrant workers for profit. There is nothing subtle about this. We know what antisemitism looks like.

Johnson has form when it comes to anti-Jewish hatred. As editor of the Spectator he chose to publish articles in which the notorious racist Taki Theodoracopulos boasted of being “an antisemite”, argued black people “have lower IQs than whites” and praised Enoch Powell as a “great man”. Johnson defended Theodoracopulos, calling him a “distinguished columnist”. Even now Johnson continues to cosy up to Donald Trump, despite his rhetoric about Jewish disloyalty and support for neo-Nazis.

Johnson’s contempt for minorities, women, LGBT+ and working-class people is well known, so it’s not surprising this extends to Jews. We share the pain that many feel about antisemitism on the left and we will continue to hold the Labour party to account. But we wholly reject Boris Johnson’s cynical attempts to exploit our community’s legitimate concerns to distract from his own disgraceful bigotry.

A vote for the Conservatives is a vote for a far-right government that poses an existential threat to all minorities. As Jews, we understand that our fate is bound up with that of other minorities. We will only find safety through solidarity. We call on allies of the Jewish community to reject hate and vote the Tories out.

Andrew Feinstein former South African MP, Dr Brian Klug Senior research fellow in philosophy, St Benet’s Hall, University of Oxford, Em Hilton Campaigner, Prof David Graeber Anthropologist, Dave Gould ASLEF, Francesca Klug Visiting professor, LSE Human Rights, Nadine Batchelor-Hunt Journalist, Cllr Jeremy Newmark Leader of Hertsmere borough council Labour group, Jonty Leibowitz Political economist, Jolyon Rubinstein Actor and writer, Justin Schlosberg Lecturer in journalism and media, Maxim Lundlack-Orr Deputy at Board of Deputies, fellow at JCoRE, Mickey Keller Civil liberties solicitor, Miriam Margolyes Actor, Rob Abrams Campaigner, Robin Samson Chair, Kehillah North London, Cllr Sue Lukes Vice-chair, Kehillah North London, Barnaby Raine PhD candidate, Howard Rechavia Taylor PhD candidate, Charlotte Nichols Parliamentary candidate, Warrington, Eleanor Penny Journalist, Daniel Machover, Ashleigh Loeb Actor, Rhea Wolfson GMB Scotland

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So you are not disputing the fact that Conservative Govt is racist?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Well it is a conservative government

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I blame covfefe
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You choose to interpret it one way, I choose another. I am very sorry that you are unable to understand that people have different views to you, it must make life very challenging and upsetting.
    Not at all, but I thank you for your concern. I've been on CUK long enough to get used to people with poor comprehension skills.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Racist terminology
    Well it is a conservative government

Leave a comment:

Working...
X