• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Warchest *******

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Warchest *******"

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Ok permission given to mention warchest for contractors out of work for 2 weeks due to covid19

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Even Ozzy knew the importance of a war chest !

Day of judgement, God is calling
    On their knees, the war chests crawling
    Begging mercy for their sins
    Satan laughing, spreads his wings
    Oh lord, yeah!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    I have 15 years warchest. Is it enough ?
    It is if you've started to lose your sense of taste and smell.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Its enough to pay CUK subscriptions...

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Used to have a 9-12 month warchest. That was based on my burn rate (which included a mortgage).
    Now we have no mortgage , it's probably around 24 months without me putting anything extra into it.
    All I'm going to say, is I'm glad we have prepared accordingly.

Really feel for others who are not in a stable situation, I believe the government could have done more, but I do have largely self employed people in my family (not contractors).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Used to have a 9-12 month warchest. That was based on my burn rate (which included a mortgage).
    Now we have no mortgage , it's probably around 24 months without me putting anything extra into it.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    3 weeks worth. He then takes a gig with payment terms of 4 weeks. Then whines he does not have enough money to live on due to agent morals. How many groats does he have to sell his body for down the docks?
    He won’t get much this week because nlady’s working too and she’s cheap as chips.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    If Cretin A has a warchest of 100 groats and Cretin B has a warchest of 200 groats and Cretin A gives Cretin B 20% of their warchest for each 100 groats in Cretin B's warchest, how many groats does Cretin B have in their warchest?
    3 weeks worth. He then takes a gig with payment terms of 4 weeks. Then whines he does not have enough money to live on due to agent morals. How many groats does he have to sell his body for down the docks?

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Phwoar chests.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Isn’t ‘war chest’ geordie for ‘my tits’?
    Would be 'Our tits' Shirley ??

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    you mean, apart from yourself?
    or should we ban 'gin *******' too?
    and docklands fancy winebar *******?
    where will it end?

oh, wailey wailey

Oh... Ban me now
    And coffee ******* too.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Isn’t ‘war chest’ geordie for ‘my tits’?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    One Meelion Rupees...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    No, if time served contractors have spunked all their money on consumer bollocks then that's their lookout. They deserve a punch in the face, not sympathy. And then maybe some advice, but the punch in the face is important and has to come first.
    You still buying Huddersfield one chunk at a time with yours ???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X