• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thread for angry people to post about nazis/farage/extremism/racist"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Whilst it is better than many there are multiple times the BBC have actively lied intentionally.

BBC controversies - Wikipedia
    Of the 50 or so controversies listed there, which ones are the deliberate lies?

But it's kind of irrelevant. It's still a more trustworthy source of information than most other news sources (such as wikipedia ). No one ever said it was beyond reproach.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    No I have 2 good English o level passes.

It is you obviously unable to understand English, I can understand that if you took CSEs.
    But you genuinely appear to believe that the 'BBC believe Mosley was a remainer'. The only reasonable assumption to draw from this is that you have very poor English comprehension skills.

Let's take the BBC extract you posted:

Pretty much. Most British people thought of WW2 as a war against fascism, and Mosley's internment met with little opposition. After the war, he attempted to revive his party - soon renamed the Union Movement - with little success, and he left the country in 1951. Eight years later, in the wake of race riots in Notting Hill, he stood for election in Kensington North on an anti-immigration platform, but failed to break through. After failing again in the 1966 general election, also in a London constituency, he retired to France. He died in 1980.So, does he have any relevance today? Other than appearing in Peaky Blinders?

Dorril thinks Mosley would have welcomed the recent surge in populism, but he wouldn't have approved of Brexit: "He would have been appalled about Britain leaving Europe," he says. After WW2, Mosley began promoting the idea of "Europe, a nation".

The conclusion you drew from that was:

I quoted the BBC who thought Mosley would have been a remainer.
    Do you really think that would have been a 'good pass' at O level English?
    Last edited by Old Greg; 10 April 2020, 12:05.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    The BBC is an absolute national treasure. I've worked in over 9 different countries in the last 15 years and the BBC is head and shoulders above anything anyone else has to offer.

The radio, internet, Iplayer and the news is far more balanced than the competition.

Just look at Sky's coverage of Covid-19 compared to BBC.

Blaming the media is the neo politics all these nutty right wingers are bringing to the world.

Without criticism, or free press , you don't have a real democracy.

The BBC looks biased , whatever side of the fence you sit on (my opinion).

Whilst it is better than many there are multiple times the BBC have actively lied intentionally.

BBC controversies - Wikipedia

As always read / listen to multiple sources an make your own mind up.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    ...says the man who failed his English CSE comprehension.
    No I have 2 good English o level passes.

It is you obviously unable to understand English, I can understand that if you took CSEs.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And Fox News....
    Only American cretins believe that.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    This thread would benefit from:

> /dev/null

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You been with old smeg again? he has comprehension issues as well.
    ...says the man who failed his English CSE comprehension.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    While the BBC is full of liberal luvvies, they get accused of bias by the left and the right, and by whatever government is in power. So they must be doing something right.

And then the cretins believe whatever RT puts out.
    And Fox News....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Gratis.
    Jesus Christ is dying on the cross, his disciples are gathered around, crying. Peter looks up and notices that Jesus seems to be calling him, “Peter, come hither!”

Immediately Peter rushes over to the cross, only to be hit severely over the head by the roman guard. He gets on his feet again and wants to return to the other disciples when he hears Jesus calling again, “Peter, come hither!”

So, again Peter tries to climb the cross to get to his lord, when the roman soldier draws his sword and chops Peter’s arm off. Peter is getting a little pissed and wants to go back to his buddies, but again Jesus summons. The roman guard can’t believe that Peter is trying yet AGAIN to climb to the cross, and chops off another arm. Peter is now covered in blood and demented from the blow to the head and wants to call it a day. Jesus hoarsly croaks, “Peter, please, come to me!”

By now, the roman guard is tired of chopping limbs, so he lets Peter be. The faithful disciple struggles to climb the cross (without arms mind you) and after a long while he finally arrives at his Lord’s side. Hurting, suffering, bleeding, Peter looks into his Master’s eyes and asks, “yes, my Lord. What is it?” Jesus smiles lovingly and looks off into the distance as a weak smile plays across his face, “Look Peter, I can see your house from here!”

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    The BBC is an absolute national treasure. I've worked in over 9 different countries in the last 15 years and the BBC is head and shoulders above anything anyone else has to offer.
    While the BBC is full of liberal luvvies, they get accused of bias by the left and the right, and by whatever government is in power. So they must be doing something right.

And then the cretins believe whatever RT puts out.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This is what I love about CUK. It gets into the true Easter spirit. Looking for someone to nail to a cross.

Gratis.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Hey we still have the BBC to lie to us!

The radio, internet, Iplayer and the news is far more balanced than the competition.

Just look at Sky's coverage of Covid-19 compared to BBC.

Blaming the media is the neo politics all these nutty right wingers are bringing to the world.

Without criticism, or free press , you don't have a real democracy.

The BBC looks biased , whatever side of the fence you sit on (my opinion).

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    oh, Thats your excuse for feckwittery then?
    Oh dear, never mind

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Nope, still don't see anyone actually accused of being a fascist...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Looks like this virus affect people's brains too....

oh, Thats your excuse for feckwittery then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X