• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Possible advanced virus treatments we haven't heard much about"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You tricked me into clicking a Daily Fail link

Hehe! You forgot to hover!

Actually, a few of their articles are quite interesting if you ignore their weather hyperbole, Wayne Rooney obsession, makeover trivialities, "you're doing it wrong" idiocies, "X can give you cancer" hypochondria, anything political, unhinged reader comments, etc, etc

But the weird thing is that after reading a Daily Rooney article, it always feels like one has read everything three or four times. Maybe they think their readers are so stupid that everything has to be repeated several times for it to sink in!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You tricked me into clicking a Daily Fail link

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Amid all the round-the-clock reporting I have on in the background while working from home, and the news sites, one thing I haven't heard mentioned yet is advanced techniques for assisted breathing.

It seems the majority of corona patients who flake out do so because breathing even oxygen through a mask becomes too arduous due to fluid building up in the lungs.

But what about the equivalent of an "iron lung", to actually bypass the lungs and how about Liquid Breathing technology, as seen in that film The Abyss?

Any thoughts? I can only assume that if there aren't enough masks then there certainly won't be enough iron lungs or other advanced equipment.

Originally posted by Old Greg
    Iron lungs.
    Seems I was ahead of my time back in April (Old Greg, take note! )

2021-01-19 New '21st Century iron lung' ventilator designed by British experts could revolutionise Covid treatment by taking patients out of intensive care wards
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 20 January 2021, 11:00.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Turmeric?

Seriously, that stuff does sweet FA unless you're willing to ingest pretty much your body weight of the stuff.

And! Stop adding so much to curry! No genuine curry receipe needs tablespoons of it, it doesn't add to the flavour and just stains everything it touches.

Why latest turmeric trend is another health fad | The Independent
    Have you read any of his stock market "predictions" thread

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Have yourself some Turmeric in warm water, get the immune system off to a good start. And rest... sounds stupid, avoiding the news is difficult for sure, but good sleep is the best drug of all.
    Turmeric?

Seriously, that stuff does sweet FA unless you're willing to ingest pretty much your body weight of the stuff.

And! Stop adding so much to curry! No genuine curry receipe needs tablespoons of it, it doesn't add to the flavour and just stains everything it touches.

Why latest turmeric trend is another health fad | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Shurely shom mishtake?
    the rarity is what gives it's potency

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've heard drinking the spunk of wealthy Swindonians gives some protection.

Form an orderly queue please (2m apart).

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    virgin vixen's
    Shurely shom mishtake?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    bladderwort, boiled in virgin vixen's piss, is also efficacious.
    according to big Eric.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is that the same as ECMO, which bypasses the lungs the same principle of a heart bypass machine?

They have them, but in VERY short supply.
    Yes, it oxygenates the blood directly. AFAIK, it's very similar to a heart-lung bypass machine, but administered differently. It's essentially the last thing they try, when the lungs are no longer serving a useful purpose.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I got 5 off ebay before they gouged the price. Interested?
    I'll pay you twenty of your English pounds. For all 5.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    What about in the southern hemisphere? Should it be clockwise?
    Actually it has to be widdershins - i.e. the opposite direction to the sun, which is tricky when you get half way round...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is that the same as ECMO, which bypasses the lungs the same principle of a heart bypass machine?

I got 5 off ebay before they gouged the price. Interested?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    They've got them and are using them. Most serious cases only, naturally.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    They've got them and are using them. Most serious cases only, naturally.
    So one on standby for Bozzer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X