• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Titcam's back!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Titcam's back!"

Collapse

• mattster
    replied
    On my third year of trying, I finally have another nest being built in one of my boxes

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nest-Building7.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	4157545

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Titcam has been upgraded! Smart new box with new camera - tits have ignored it and are visiting the old box. No nest building yet though.
    Always the way! I am year 4, having got lucky in the first year and upgraded my cameras every year since, I still haven't had another nest! Lot's of visits so far this this year though, so fingers crossed.
    Bluetits are very territorial during nesting and only likely to use one box in a garden (or even across quite a few gardens), so if you want to force them into the new box you should really remove the old one (and your neighbours', too, while you're at it).

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Titcam has been upgraded! Smart new box with new camera - tits have ignored it and are visiting the old box. No nest building yet though.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Gricer is back!!!

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Gould The Swimmer View Post
    I hope you have a sign on your bird box saying "Bra Cottage - Tits Only"
    Inneresting.

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    Did you call your birdbox bra cottage?
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I remember a bird box outside a house on Holy Island with a sign saying Bra Cottage - Tits Only.

Leave a comment:

• Gould The Swimmer
    replied
    I hope you have a sign on your bird box saying "Bra Cottage - Tits Only"

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    This thread is a massive disappointment

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Oh... The shame. Suicide!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    News about some stroppy little tits.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/05/blue-...land-14192486/
    KUATB

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    News about some stroppy little tits.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/05/blue-...land-14192486/

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Got caught out with this thread again, I'd just closed the blind!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I'm already on cat alert to chase the buggers out of my garden.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    I've got my cameras running. No nesting yet, but lots of inspections. Probably a bit early yet for them to really get going, but it won't be long.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    No doubt alcohol was involved. Makes a change from the other pair of Scottish tits fighting although I think Sturgeon will kick his ass fairly convincingly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X