• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Travelex hacked

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Travelex hacked"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I read somewhere this morning Tesco too. Tesco told someone, who had already paid, they would go no currency and nothing could be done. So they had to go elsewhere.

Asda too. I think JLP/Waitrose are the exception, still providing it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Sainsbury's use Travelex for their foreign currency - and probably some others as well.
    I read somewhere this morning Tesco too. Tesco told someone, who had already paid, they would go no currency and nothing could be done. So they had to go elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Sainsbury's use Travelex for their foreign currency - and probably some others as well.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The third one, which lead to the second one and has now caused the 4th one.
    Nicely put.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Can you say any more? Is it outsourcing that caused this? A focus on profits above everything else? A bad workplace culture?
    The third one, which lead to the second one and has now caused the 4th one.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Having contracted in their Peterborough office, i am not surprised this happened
    Can you say any more? Is it outsourcing that caused this? A focus on profits above everything else? A bad workplace culture?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Having contracted in their Peterborough office, i am not surprised this happened
    Now you've mentioned that nor am I now.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What are the chances they are asking for payment in anything other than cryptotulips?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    They only need to report a breach if personal information was stolen. Last I heard, they claimed there was no data leak, just a virus that was interrupting normal operations.
    Unfortunately

The gang, also known as REvil, claims to have gained access to the company's computer network six months ago and to have downloaded 5GB of sensitive customer data.
    Dates of birth, credit card information and national insurance numbers are all in their possession, they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    They only need to report a breach if personal information was stolen. Last I heard, they claimed there was no data leak, just a virus that was interrupting normal operations.
    Which was the attack philosophy of REvil two years ago - nowadays they copy interesting data and use GDPR theft as a ransom justification.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Hackers are holding foreign exchange company Travelex to ransom after a cyber-attack forced the firm to turn off all computer systems and resort to using pen and paper.
    On New Year's Eve, hackers launched their attack on the Travelex network.

They also have not reported the breach to the ICO within 72 hours - they are going to get a monster fine also

I suspect they aren't long for this world.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    started a topic Travelex hacked

Travelex hacked

Hackers are holding foreign exchange company Travelex to ransom after a cyber-attack forced the firm to turn off all computer systems and resort to using pen and paper.
    On New Year's Eve, hackers launched their attack on the Travelex network.

They also have not reported the breach to the ICO within 72 hours - they are going to get a monster fine also

Working...
X