• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HUzzah! Jobserve has been redesigned !"

Collapse

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Really, jobserve is pretty much the only place I apply for jobs. The only other site is totaljobs which is a bit crap. Everything else is just wading through crappy recruiter calls chancing a reference.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I still use the 'Classic' view if I go on there - the 'new' view is rubbish.

I find Jobserve useful to find current rate trends but never apply for contracts on there.
    That's me as well. The scrolling on that box never works, it skips around all over the place. I always switch to classic.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    It's a fact of life that most recruiters and job board websites are rubbish.

It never ceases to amaze me how many sites don't have even a half complete set of filters like by rate, date posted, or even contract/perm or can't even return proper search results.
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Jobserve has all these filters and more
    Yes, Jobserve is probably one of the better ones but there are lots that are really poor.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I still use the 'Classic' view if I go on there - the 'new' view is rubbish.

I find Jobserve useful to find current rate trends but never apply for contracts on there.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'd forgotten it even exists.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Try Total Jobs and see what you think of that pile of tulipe.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post

It never ceases to amaze me how many sites don't have even a half complete set of filters like by rate, date posted, or even contract/perm or can't even return proper search results.
    Jobserve has all these filters and more

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    It's only the home page, the rest is still the same

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    They've added a "new" dashboard... you know, that thing that no-body ever looked at... but the search pages are exactly the same.
    And not even added an inside / outside IR35 bit which will be essential for contracts from April (or now actually).

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Looks the same to me
    They've added a "new" dashboard... you know, that thing that no-body ever looked at... but the search pages are exactly the same.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Looks the same to me
    Seems you need to be logged in to seem some of the changes

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Yes, its finally happened. Jobserve has dragged itself into the 2000s with a shiny new site.

Er, looks like a few rough edges. The home button doesn't seem to go anywhere. A zero width border on the Dashboard under Firefox. Basic grammar in the dialogues, and no speed upgrade unfortunately.

But whatever!
    Looks the same to me

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    started a topic HUzzah! Jobserve has been redesigned !

HUzzah! Jobserve has been redesigned !

Yes, its finally happened. Jobserve has dragged itself into the 2000s with a shiny new site.

Er, looks like a few rough edges. The home button doesn't seem to go anywhere. A zero width border on the Dashboard under Firefox. Basic grammar in the dialogues, and no speed upgrade unfortunately.

But whatever!

Working...
X