• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is Corbyn the reason you won't vote Labour?"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Labour leadership bid candidates: Meet the SIX wannabe Labour leaders | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I’m comforted by the observation that you wouldn’t put your hand in your pocket to join any party.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    My first thought too.

She's supported by Richard Burgon who is gunning for the deputy role. Between them, they could make the Labour party even less electable
    Rebecca Long Bailey says Jeremy Corbyn was a '10 out of 10' Labour leader despite election disaster | Daily Mail Online

We have to join the Labour party and vote in this soppy muppet!

Tory rule for at least a decade in this case!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Labour should really be charging membership fees as %-tage of income, in progressive way too.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Twat
    What's your problem - she'll support the candidate you would, every vote counts!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Twat
    And another supporter of The Useful Idiots appears.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Just been listening to a convinced Korbinista on R4 WAO who's decided to stand in the fight to replace the useful idiot.

Demented would be a kind description.

Now's the time to pay your £25 so you can vote for the daft bint to ensure a suitable continuation of lost elections.

Just sayin'.

£25 sounds like a bargain to me.
    Twat

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Just been listening to a convinced Korbinista on R4 WAO who's decided to stand in the fight to replace the useful idiot.

Now's the time to pay your £25 so you can vote for the daft bint to ensure a suitable continuation of lost elections.

Just sayin'.

I'm a full member just for that. I joined just after the election as I expected them to pull up the drawbridge. I'm surprised they didn't tbh but I don't regret paying full whack.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Long-Bailey?
    My first thought too.

She's supported by Richard Burgon who is gunning for the deputy role. Between them, they could make the Labour party even less electable

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Just sayin'.

Long-Bailey?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I never said it was. I'm just pointing out that Labour's reason's for suggesting it, i.e. more worker control, as I understand it, wouldn't be fulfilled.
    And they would've got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids!

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Whys that a problem? If they need the money, then they need the money and if they can sell off some asset that the state has helped them acquire to help them at a point in their lives when they need some extra financial firepower then great. Accurately targetted state assistance I'd say.

Most people make the best choices for themselves whenever they can. You could always limit the amount that could be sold within a year to a %age. Or limit sales to those >25 or whatever.

However, proposing an alternative solution to the Labour plan wasn't the point of my post. It was to point out that the Labour policy is something that would only help a very, very small %age of the working-population, at great expense and with international reputational damage associated.

Let's look at another one: Free Broadband For All. Fantastic, eye-catching, what's not to like? Well a lot if you work for one of the many other broadband suppliers. And what if you don't want broadband? You are paying for it anyway. And if you want but cannot afford BB, then you probably cannot afford the ipad/laptop to actually use it.

And if you are a young person, starting out .... then you'd probably prefer free mobile-broadband, not a boring old landline.

So a simpler alternative is to raise the tax-threshold by 30 quid a month. Then if you want to spend that on BB you can. If you want to spend it on your mobile-phone you can. If you want to use the extra money to buy some kids shoes ( or save up for a laptop ) you can. And if you don't like technology you can spend it on stamps to write letters of complaint to the Telegraph moaning about how everyone is glued to their phones you can.
    Whys that a problem?
    I never said it was. I'm just pointing out that Labour's reason's for suggesting it, i.e. more worker control, as I understand it, wouldn't be fulfilled.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    So, is it fair to say, if the Tories get a majority, it will all be Corbyn's fault?

I suppose it's a bit too late for Labour to ditch him now.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    the problem with share ownership by the wider population is that at some point, most will cash in their shares because they need the money.

Whys that a problem? If they need the money, then they need the money and if they can sell off some asset that the state has helped them acquire to help them at a point in their lives when they need some extra financial firepower then great. Accurately targetted state assistance I'd say.

Most people make the best choices for themselves whenever they can. You could always limit the amount that could be sold within a year to a %age. Or limit sales to those >25 or whatever.

However, proposing an alternative solution to the Labour plan wasn't the point of my post. It was to point out that the Labour policy is something that would only help a very, very small %age of the working-population, at great expense and with international reputational damage associated.

Let's look at another one: Free Broadband For All. Fantastic, eye-catching, what's not to like? Well a lot if you work for one of the many other broadband suppliers. And what if you don't want broadband? You are paying for it anyway. And if you want but cannot afford BB, then you probably cannot afford the ipad/laptop to actually use it.

And if you are a young person, starting out .... then you'd probably prefer free mobile-broadband, not a boring old landline.

So a simpler alternative is to raise the tax-threshold by 30 quid a month. Then if you want to spend that on BB you can. If you want to spend it on your mobile-phone you can. If you want to use the extra money to buy some kids shoes ( or save up for a laptop ) you can. And if you don't like technology you can spend it on stamps to write letters of complaint to the Telegraph moaning about how everyone is glued to their phones you can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X