• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wisdom teeth removal"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    To get a few quotes. And a second opinion.
    Keep 'em voting until you get the answer you want, eh?

Now, where have I seen that behavior before...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Well?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So what did you decide in the end?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So what did you decide in the end?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Had an impacted one removed back in 2002, at the Royal Berkshire Hospital as they thought it would be "tricky" to get out. Well....

Nurse and dentist/torturer had to almost sit on me to get the bugger out. I remember the loud "crack" when they split it.

The swelling was v bad and caused nerve damage which I still have to this day (slight tingling sensation on bottom teeth). Remember coming out of the op (was only local anaesthetic ) and going downstairs nearly passing out due to blood loss.

One of the worst experiences I've ever had. Oddly I have another one that has not pushed through the gum line. The f**ker can stay there.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I was suppose to have all mine removed at 20.

They were suppose to remove all 4 but in the end they just removed the impacted one causing all the trouble on the bottom.

Had it done under local and the dentist struggled to get it out. Lots of drilling and pulling.

I had a numb part on my chin for 3 months and was warned it could be permanent. Luckily it wasn't but I decided to leave the rest alone unless they started causing issues. (My dentists have agreed with me. )

Due to where the nerves are on your bottom jaw you could end up with weird parts of your lower face numb. With the upper jaw they could go though into your sinuses. This is not necessarily the dentist's fault or yours but due to the shape of your roots.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    you should only do one side at the time, you won't be able to speak or eat for a couple of day sif you do both sides at the same time
    So thats the option Mrs NAT wants.....

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    you should only do one side at the time, you won't be able to speak or eat for a couple of day sif you do both sides at the same time

Leave a comment:

• jds 1981
    replied
    My dentist wanted to take my wisdom teeth out. He didn't she 15 years later I still have no issues.

He took some x-rays of my jaw while explaining that some peoples teeth have little orange pip like roots and they come out easily. My x-ray showed great big curved hook roots. To get mine out he explained, would require cutting the tooth in half, pulling out the front half, bashing the back half forward and pulling that out. Repeat * 4.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Continue to contribute nonsense...
    I don't see why you should be the only one.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Where there's no sense...
    Continue to contribute nonsense...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Frau D. had them all out in one go and was pretty much fine afterwards. Junior D. also had them all out in one go and looked like a Cabbage Patch doll afterwards but was okay a day later. Still have a couple and the ones I've had out have taken 20 minutes with just a normal injection in the mouth. My dentist doesn't even inject for root canals which scared the tulip out of me the first time but as he put it, the nerve is dead so there should be no pain and there wasn't. Ii even had 2 done in one sitting...
    Where there's no sense...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Frau D. had them all out in one go and was pretty much fine afterwards. Junior D. also had them all out in one go and looked like a Cabbage Patch doll afterwards but was okay a day later. Still have a couple and the ones I've had out have taken 20 minutes with just a normal injection in the mouth. My dentist doesn't even inject for root canals which scared the tulip out of me the first time but as he put it, the nerve is dead so there should be no pain and there wasn't. Ii even had 2 done in one sitting...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Apparently a cup of green tea beforehand and you feel no pain.

What NLyUK will say to get you to not use lube or so wharthog told me!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yeah Cojak scares us!
    Back in the mists of time she scared the crap out of a mugger too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X