• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor's right with visa issues"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by bugzy View Post
    No offence but I don't think this is correct. In my experience, the agency/recruitment company carries out right to work Or visa checks on behalf of the end client so the ball stops on their table. Unfortunately they are not being flexible to accommodate this hence my question
    Is he planning to work through an umbrella or through a Ltd?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    No offence but I don't think this is correct. In my experience, the agency/recruitment company carries out right to work Or visa checks on behalf of the end client so the ball stops on their table. Unfortunately they are not being flexible to accommodate this hence my question
    Two possibilities.

1. It's not up to them, their hands are tied
    2. They can do it, but don't want to, because they no longer wish to have a contractual relationship with your friend for some reason. He must have done something pretty bad to not want to continue making money out of him.

Either way, your friend has no redress.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    *looks at forum heading* Good, as at 07:10 10/08/2019 it's in General.

Looks like he/she/it will be going home then.

Oh well.

That's what rules are for.

Leave a comment:

• bugzy
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    HIs employer can do the check - the question is who is his employer? It will either be his own limited company or the umbrella company he is using - it's not the agent and it's not the end client.

It's not unfair at all. It's the law.

Leave a comment:

• bugzy
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Sounds like the agency are being an ass by choosing not to do the check. Unless they have given a reason why they haven't?
    I know, I'm guessing it's part of their policy to see s physical visa

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    + 1

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Oh that is hilarious

Please say it's not too late to organise a summer vacation!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Can't Look... Won't look... Argghh.. Don't do it don't it...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Does the phrase "cruel and unusual punishment" mean anything to you?
    You should fit in just fine in Gammon-on-Sea.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Yeah, NLUK charges extra for it.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Swindon.

Actually, Clacton is its own punishment.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    My bad. Naughty step, or the Tower?
    Swindon.

Actually, Clacton is its own punishment.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    How dare you talk down the Great British biscuit industry!
    My bad. Naughty step, or the Tower?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Clacton, Bank Holiday Weekend. Some idiot put Greg in charge of the catering arrangements though, so if some sweaty jammy dodgers float your boat, fill yer boots. I'm giving it a miss...
    How dare you talk down the Great British biscuit industry!

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Sounds like the agency are being an ass by choosing not to do the check. Unless they have given a reason why they haven't?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X