• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should we stop washing our clothes?"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Looks like they either booked a model for the photo shoot with exceptionally long arms or don't do extra length sleeve lengths.. in which case I'm out
    It's a tailor shop - they will adjust or make to measure

Who buys off the rack these days anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Stupid woman...

Nice threads down in Savile Row though - contractor friendly prices as well

Luxury Dress Shirts | Made To Measure Formal & Evening Shirts | Cotton & Linen Smart Suit Shirts - Huntsman Savile Row
    Looks like they either booked a model for the photo shoot with exceptionally long arms or don't do extra length sleeve lengths.. in which case I'm out

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Just turn you're kegs inside out to wear the next day....

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Which was when it became important that the collar and cuffs matched.
    watch "The Buttercup Chain" for evidence of this.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    They're still not addressing the real issue, overpopulation. I note that China (for her own reasons) have tackled it.

As for the numpty defending the multi millionairess, wearing your clothes in the shower to save washing them, will still introduce the same amount of crud into the system.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    what? like the carpet and curtains?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Need some genetic engineering so we grow fur and lick ourselves clean like cats do.

Seriously, clothes do release a hell of a lot of particles - have to remove a big pile of fluff every time from the filter on the tumble dryer. Probably at least as much goes out with the water.
    Just wear latex and rubber...

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Stupid woman...

Nice threads down in Savile Row though - contractor friendly prices as well

Luxury Dress Shirts | Made To Measure Formal & Evening Shirts | Cotton & Linen Smart Suit Shirts - Huntsman Savile Row

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Back in the day, long long ago, when one bath a week was the norm, one could purchase shirts with detachable collars & cuffs.

This enabled the shirt to be worn for the entire week, whilst the collars & cuffs were changed daily.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Back in the day, long long ago, when one bath a week was the norm, one could purchase shirts with detachable collars & cuffs.

This enabled the shirt to be worn for the entire week, whilst the collars & cuffs were changed daily.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Complete waste of time.

Is China returning to coal-fired power? | E&ampT Magazine

Leave a comment:

• Lola
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ok - so

things which get washed after 1 use

socks
    undercrackers
    t-shirts
    work shirts
    any sports kit

in fact anything which is next to me body will get washed after 1 use

only exception seems to be trousers which do get more than 1 day's wear even though they touch my legs - I guess it's because my legs do not sweat that much

I mean I've had the same jeans on for 4 days now.

I use them once and then sell them at a premium online.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    These people need to take their religion to China and convert them.

Someone once said to a bunch of rule-making religionists, 'Ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God.' The current bunch is cut out of the same cloth. They want to micro-manage every bit of our lives but ignore the big things in their belief system. China is by far the worst polluter in the world.

Stella could wash her clothes three times a day and it would cause less pollution than her flights around the world cause.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Need some genetic engineering so we grow fur and lick ourselves clean like cats do.

Seriously, clothes do release a hell of a lot of particles - have to remove a big pile of fluff every time from the filter on the tumble dryer. Probably at least as much goes out with the water.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    MF gave up a while ago but, TBF, you can’t fit a marquee in a washing machine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X