• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things to do in...... Liverpool"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    I used to drive out to Southport of an evening to have something to eat and walk along the shore. A few good nights out in Ormskirk too.
    Worth heading out to Formby too, to see the red squirrels in the pine woods and have a stroll along the beach

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Loads of places in Liverpool - and despite the stereotype in general there is no problems.

Although stay away from Liverpool One as it is just a row of chain restaurants/pubs/stores
    I like the fact that the Everton club shop was called Everton Two

It makes their address Everton Two, Liverpool One

It's actually ok if you want to grab something quick in one of the chain eating places. Chinatown too is only a 10 minute walk away. If you have the car there are lots of places on Merseyside and it's a lot less busy traffic-wise than the other side of the M6 at Wigan and Manchester.

I used to drive out to Southport of an evening to have something to eat and walk along the shore. A few good nights out in Ormskirk too.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    If you get a chance, visit the Western Approaches War Museum at Derby House, near the Pier Head - it's the secret Royal Navy bunker where the Battle of the Atlantic was won.

In the 1950s, my Dad worked in Derby House and never even knew it was down there, as it was still Top Secret at the time

Leave a comment:

• jds 1981
    replied
    Spend a day watching the Mersey goldfish?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    True - however in Liverpool there is the possibility of being befriended by a drunken scouser who will not leave you alone.

which is not always preferable to a glass to the face tbh!

Especially when the singing starts.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I haven't been to Liverpool for years, but when I lived in Manchester, the best nights out were always in Liverpool. Always a happy vibe, and I never saw any of the regular locals glassing each other in the street that was a regular feature of Saturday nights in Manchester city centre.
    True - however in Liverpool there is the possibility of being befriended by a drunken scouser who will not leave you alone.

which is not always preferable to a glass to the face tbh!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Loads of places in Liverpool - and despite the stereotype in general there is no problems.

Although stay away from Liverpool One as it is just a row of chain restaurants/pubs/stores
    I haven't been to Liverpool for years, but when I lived in Manchester, the best nights out were always in Liverpool. Always a happy vibe, and I never saw any of the regular locals glassing each other in the street that was a regular feature of Saturday nights in Manchester city centre.

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Chill in the Cavern all day and sing along
    Given my surname, I wonder if I can convince them I am related to Sir Paul?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    There is a really good Argentinian Steak House down near the Liver Building. Does a mean "Messi" or "Maradona" steak.
    One tiny and full of hormones, the other bloated and full of coke?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    There is a really good Argentinian Steak House down near the Liver Building. Does a mean "Messi" or "Maradona" steak.

that's grilled by the hand of God? Unlike the Madonna steak which is "touched for the very first time".

sorry to say I just drove through it fast.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Nice place and the service is usually really good there.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Do nothing, all the days of your life?

(Maybe buy some Bangles)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X