• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Opodo bookings - price increase - can they do?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    FFS I agreed to the double price yesterday on the phone.... Wasnt happy but it was still good.

Got another email now today - sorry its doubled again. What is the matter with these people?
    Are you a real contractor ffs? When they double the price you raise them tripple

HTH

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    FFS I agreed to the double price yesterday on the phone.... Wasnt happy but it was still good.

Got another email now today - sorry its doubled again. What is the matter with these people?

Make a formal complaint once is an accident, twice is malice. Copy the credit card company and relevant regulator.

OK you will never be able to use opodo again but who wants to?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Aye if they work out its me it'll double again tonight!
    Possibly but everyone knows only an idiot would still be using them.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Got to give them some credit. They can spot a sucker a mile off.
    Aye if they work out its me it'll double again tonight!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Got to give them some credit. They can spot a sucker a mile off.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    OK, but what about the circus?
    and the monkeys?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Yeh for this fair
    OK, but what about the circus?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Were Opodo cheaper than Kayak?
    Yeh for this to be fair. For weeks I was looking at £200 per person then suddenly it appeared on opodo yesterday for £40 per person.
    So I booked it shartpish. Can't complain because its still only £85 per person now.

But still got to give it a go haven't you ;-)
    Last edited by psychocandy; 1 November 2018, 11:01.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Were Opodo cheaper than Kayak?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Always check if you can find the same price on the airline's own website (which you can in 99% of all cases) and if so book it there.
    Nah it was loads more direct with the airline so fairly sure opodo screwed up here.......

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by pjt View Post
    Surly they can't take the money though. Was it still your choice to buy??

Yeh I'd paid the original amount. When I phoned them it was a case of pay the extra or we'll cancel it.

I had an idea that it was a price mistake to be honest. Yeh price is still good but not brilliant any more.....

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Found a cracking flight price yesterday on opodo for next year so I booked it....

I knew what was coming when the email said the booking would be confirmed within 24 hours. Lo and behold today an email asking me to ring customer services because the price had doubled.

Usual rubbish. Price has increased from the time you booked blah blah blah. Surely all these searches are online/live anyway? I think pretty much it was a pricing error to be honest...

Is this legal? Anyone could offer cheap flights, rope the customer in, get the credit card payment then say, oops the price has gone up....
    Always check if you can find the same price on the airline's own website (which you can in 99% of all cases) and if so book it there.

Leave a comment:

• pjt
    replied
    Found a cracking flight price yesterday on opodo for next year so I booked it....

I knew what was coming when the email said the booking would be confirmed within 24 hours. Lo and behold today an email asking me to ring customer services because the price had doubled.

Usual rubbish. Price has increased from the time you booked blah blah blah. Surely all these searches are online/live anyway? I think pretty much it was a pricing error to be honest...

Is this legal? Anyone could offer cheap flights, rope the customer in, get the credit card payment then say, oops the price has gone up....
    Surly they can't take the money though. Was it still your choice to buy??

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yes they can
    Next....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X