• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Attached on a flight..."

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Are you compensating for something...

That's why a big lens is called a compensation lens.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Compensating for lack of respect on CUK.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No, this is a compensation lens:

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Was that what your lawyer said? "M'Lord, my client merely had his compensation lens poking out and the ladies should not have been alarmed".

No, this is a compensation lens:

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    And anyway, when you're hanging out the side of one with a compensation lens
    Was that what your lawyer said? "M'Lord, my client merely had his compensation lens poking out and the ladies should not have been alarmed".

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Gee, listening to people who don't have their own plane, nor EVEN a pilot's license.
    Is that like a Pilot Licence?

I'll stick with the 3-F adage (Not the FFF system of measurement). If it flies, floats or f...s, rent it by the hour.

And anyway, when you're hanging out the side of one with a compensation lens, it's hard to get a good shot of the wildlife if you can't afford someone to pilot you.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    I beg your pardon?

Are you talking to me?

A "plane" will fly itself when in trim.

I can fly something with far more "Jesus" bolts!
    A helicopter?
    More money than sense.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Gee, listening to people who don't have their own plane, nor EVEN a pilot's license.
    I beg your pardon?

Are you talking to me?

A "plane" will fly itself when in trim.

I can fly something with far more "Jesus" bolts!

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Showing your age, aren't you? (We're talking pre 1980 for the benefit of the teenagers).

True. They are still using some old metal in Africa, although most of the flights I've taken when there have been in 4-12 seaters in GA8s, 206s and 208s.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    MP *is* warm and cuddly, she's just small enough to put in your pocket.

More of a marital aid than a marital partner

she is a Unicorn?

Urban Dictionary Mug

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And let's be fair........compared to MP, Lucretia Borgia came across as warm and cuddly!

MP *is* warm and cuddly, she's just small enough to put in your pocket.

More of a marital aid than a marital partner

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Showing your age, aren't you? (We're talking pre 1980 for the benefit of the teenagers).
    Yep, and while we were up there, visited this place when it still had the original name: Hwange National Park - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Coming back from the French apartment back from Girona last night. Most of the passengers were on a package holiday, it was like something of a sitcom - crew ran out of seatbelt extenders trying to get the slimmest of the chubsters to free up the extenders for those who would prevent the take-off from happening....

Well, old-aged muppet next to me refuses to lower the arm-rest as he is squarely in half of my seat. His wife was pretty large so instead of squashing up to her he takes over my seat. He turned psychotic punched me in the ribs and kicking my leg rubgy ruck style. Crew were good, took me to the galley, tried to get matey boy to move but he refused to obey their command, so put me to another seat and kept me supplied with gratis gin and tonic all flight. Crew are making a flight report, I really hope that the airline take their own action to the loon.

I felt like I was in filming for Airport 3......
    its worse in internal flights within the USA. been on lots of flights with John Candy body types on both sides. They are a lot more timid though, as out there they are conditioned not to be physically aggressive as everything escalates straight from minor argument to someone pulling out a pistol.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Only relative to Mary Poppins.
    And let's be fair........compared to MP, Lucretia Borgia came across as warm and cuddly!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X