• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: How rich are you?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How rich are you?"

Collapse

• stackpole
    replied
    I stuck in a quarter:

"You're in the richest people in the world!"
    "I'm the 5,780,722,892 richest person on earth!"

And they still ask me for donations! I was hoping they'd tell me how to get my share of you lot's donations!

That still puts me above milan though!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Well, I beat all you lot.

"You are the richest person in the world!"

Apparently it's not about how much you have after all...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Usual pinko guff

Totally meaningless comparison as illustrated by Polish labourers migrating and sleeping on the streets.

Leave a comment:

• donaldduke
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Everybody who earns over 110k go to that range. Try to put 999999999999999999999999999 pounds a year and you'll be in the same range as someone making 110k. Yet, there is some kind of difference between let's say Bill gates and someone who makes 110k a year.

Bill Gates is the fat tail on the distribution curve.

Besides the figure is incorrect anyway, there over a 100,000 people in India alone who earn more than 110K a year.

I would say there are probably a few million people in the world who earn more than 110K a year.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
    Someone should tell Gordon Brown.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the New Lie spin machine was using when describing the number of people no longer in poverty under Labour.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    As I said, a Dollar a Day is not unusual, and is in fact the World Banks definition of the poverty line. Earn more than $1 a day and you are officially not poor...
    Someone should tell Gordon Brown.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No there isn't. I HATE THEM EQUALLY! BASTARDS!!!

PS Actually I wasn't sure if we should put gross or net as somebody said above. I bet most earning 50p a day don't pay stinking taxes, lucky sods!

PPS Hire car/taxi drivers. Are you kidding? in third world countries I've been to taxi drivers always try and charge foreigners £10 a mile regardless of living standards. You argue them down but I bet they still get enough to feed a family of six for ten years.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    mmm looking good...

You're in the TOP 0.001%
    richest people in the world!

You are the 107,565richest person in the world!
    Everybody who earns over 110k go to that range. Try to put 999999999999999999999999999 pounds a year and you'll be in the same range as someone making 110k. Yet, there is some kind of difference between let's say Bill gates and someone who makes 110k a year.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    When i was in India earlier this year, I went on a day trip to one of the temples. Our driver was paid (by his employer not us) the grand total of 50p for 12 hours work.
    But with that 50p he'll be able to buy a helluva lot more rice and chapatti flour than you can in your local shops.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    mmm looking good...

You're in the TOP 0.001%

You are the 107,565richest person in the world!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    When i was in India earlier this year, I went on a day trip to one of the temples. Our driver was paid (by his employer not us) the grand total of 50p for 12 hours work.
    As I said, a Dollar a Day is not unusual, and is in fact the World Banks definition of the poverty line. Earn more than $1 a day and you are officially not poor...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    He's now got an MCSE and works for Wipro for twice the pay.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    at £8K I'm still in the top 12% in the world! The poor must really be very very poor!

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    No, our sandwich will not help, agreed with you but, obviously, I don't agree with milan either. The situation doesn't have to be designed for this. There are lots of macroeconomic actions that can be done by the richest government (debt cancellation, free trade and so on....
    population planning? As in, contraception and abortion for anybody who wants it.

Oh, I forgot, God told Americans not to do let anybody do that.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Only:

You are the 17,434,280 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 0.29%

Leave a comment:

Working...
X