• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wimbledon final, anyone been?"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I played in the final a number of years ago before the sex change to a man.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I played in the final a number of years ago before the sex change to a man.

Leave a comment:

• bmb
    replied
    Had centre court tickets last year for the first Wednesday and it turned out to be a great day. I have heard it isn't as busy on finals day and driving is a viable option if needed

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I'd stay over. Holiday Inn Kensington High Street.
    It's about £120 a night and on the District Line (handy for Wimbledon).

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Apparently if you turn up in your kit with rackets they let you have a knock about on the other courts.

It's true.

You should definitely do this.
    I am sure it will end well.

Fathers' rights protestors storm Centre Court at Wimbledon | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Apparently if you turn up in your kit with racquets they let you have a knock about on the other courts.

It's true.

You should definitely do this.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 18 May 2018, 07:05.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Pat Cash has.

HTHBIDI

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    If you come down the night before and you're not planning to go out in London that evening, maybe look at places in Ewell, Epsom, Ashtead or Leatherhead - they will be significantly cheaper than that there London to stay in, and it's a half hour train ride from Leatherhead in (calling at the above listed stations) to Wimbledon.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Basically trying to work out if I can do it as a day trip, or should stay in London Saturday night.
    Stay in London, but don't forget to pack the essentials.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...l_31xo9fc8d0_e

Leave a comment:

• ajw19
    replied
    I was lucky enough to go last year. Can't remember what time it started but there was plenty going on beforehand - including junior finals, live band etc. It's unlikely you'll get the ballot again to the final so go early if you can and soak up the atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've been lucky enough to get men's final tickets on the ballot this year. I'm travelling down from oop North and have never been before... For the final day when should I arrive and what else goes on that day, to plan when to be traveling back? Earlier in the tournament there's stuff all over the place but the last Sunday?

Basically trying to work out if I can do it as a day trip, or should stay in London Saturday night.
    Nah don’t do it, it’s a nightmare.

How much do you want for them?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Wimbledon final, anyone been?

Wimbledon final, anyone been?

I've been lucky enough to get men's final tickets on the ballot this year. I'm travelling down from oop North and have never been before... For the final day when should I arrive and what else goes on that day, to plan when to be traveling back? Earlier in the tournament there's stuff all over the place but the last Sunday?

Working...
X