• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Getting into office in snow!"

Collapse

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Why do people not broach the WFH question about a week or two into the contract?
    Why not BEFORE signing the contract?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why do people do work at home and then find out their client isn't happy. Why haven't they rung their client at 8am to advise they will WFH and then find out at that point they are not required to do any work?

Deciding to WFH without advising the client is pretty poor relationship management.
    Why do people not broach the WFH question about a week or two into the contract?

I’ve not had anything where I cannot do it for nearly 20 years, and 20 years ago I was setting up WFH systems for my then employer.

Current gig is contracted to WFH and client pays travel and accommodation if I leave the village.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Do you ask your accountant before making these phone calls?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I knew some idiot would come up with that one.

Firstly, many contracts state that at least the agent is made aware early in the morning they will be absent.

Secondly, advising the client you won't be in first thing is a matter of courtesy and manners and has **** all to do with D&C. It also clears up any misconceptions or assumptions that would get the contractor in to the situation they are in. We've got not one, but two posts with the exact same situation. A courtesy call to the client would have cleared both up.
    Do you ask your accountant before making these phone calls?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Spoken like a good little D&C permtractor.
    I knew some idiot would come up with that one.

Firstly, many contracts state that at least the agent is made aware early in the morning they will be absent.

Secondly, advising the client you won't be in first thing is a matter of courtesy and manners and has **** all to do with D&C. It also clears up any misconceptions or assumptions that would get the contractor in to the situation they are in. We've got not one, but two posts with the exact same situation. A courtesy call to the client would have cleared both up.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why do people do work at home and then find out their client isn't happy. Why haven't they rung their client at 8am to advise they will WFH and then find out at that point they are not required to do any work?

Deciding to WFH without advising the client is pretty poor relationship management.
    Spoken like a good little D&C permtractor.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Shades of Emin. I imagine he's written the names of all the accountants he's asked questions of on the trap wall.
    He's turned them into a word search grid.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    He's got a grant for an avant garde installation from the Railway Art Tarts Trust.
    Shades of Emin. I imagine he's written the names of all the accountants he's asked questions of on the trap wall.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I heard he's frozen to the porcelain in Wigan Wallgate gents, so you'd have to travel to him.
    He's got a grant for an avant garde installation from the Railway Art Tarts Trust.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    In fact, add an extra tenner for my advice and I'll bill you separately. For twenty, the old man will throw in a happy finish.
    I heard he's frozen to the porcelain in Wigan Wallgate gents, so you'd have to travel to him.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Jesus wept. The OP shows why some good contractors have been pushed out of contracting because hiring managers just take on the bottom feeders instead. The OP didnt go in due to being pissed up and now this?

I might be out of this charade now but it still boils my piss when I spot this stuff.
    Different account. Maybe the same person but different user name. Definitely cut from the same cloth

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Because Gricer has zero imagination.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Another one??? dear, oh dear
    Indeed.

We mustn't mention the unmentionable, but the unmentionable really needs to happen to this twollock.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Totally agree.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I know this is General, but at least add a when you post that kind of stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X