• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Most billable days in a financial year?"

Collapse

• amanwhoisquiet
    replied
    I'll probably get somewhere in the region of 205. I'm guessing though, as last summer I was on hours rather than days for a client for about 4 months. Only my second full year, and having a big lump of time off late summer (about 5 weeks) was an odd thing to get used to.

edit - this is a lie. I've counted all of this April in here too. (when this one finishes) .. so about 185.
    Last edited by amanwhoisquiet; 23 February 2018, 12:57. Reason: made up lies

Leave a comment:

• l35kee
    replied
    216 so far. Expect to work the remaining working days left too.

First year contracting, will be making sure this record holds.

Leave a comment:

• Manic
    replied
    Easily did 366+ in 08 when I first started contracting. The war chest was important to build up especially as the banking crisis was in full flow.

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    I aim for 160-200 worked billable days in a year. 220 is a busy year where I'm probably not going to get much time for training and development as well as the off-time that I want. My "record" is 248 in 2011 where I took off three working days in total. I wish I hadn't, only imbeciles or those with mindless jobs can work that much without burning out.

My current consultancy piece is likely to be 160 days over a 12 month period with an average 3-4 days a week. It's interesting watching the stressed out bunnies trying to fit 16 hours into a "professional" day with five of those a week.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    When you have multiple clients, it's not difficult to get more than 366 in a leap year - and still have time off.
    I will invoice for 365 days this year

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Enough to pay the bills and have some cash left over for a bit of living.
    And enough non-billable days to do a bit of living.
    Ditto that! I had three concurrent clients last year so I had flurries of busy but earned lots to have a month off over Christmas/New Year and a nice trip to Oz. I am trying to line up more part time work with multiple clients as I really like the variety and flexibility. If you can manage their expectations and your time, it's great!
    Last edited by ladymuck; 21 February 2018, 11:26.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Enough to pay the bills and have some cash left over for a bit of living.
    And enough non-billable days to do a bit of living.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by MrButton View Post
    I’m aiming for no more than 220. And no less than 200.

266 is ridiculous imo. As it’s usually max around 255 excluding weekend and BH so I assume you’re working BH/WE.
    yes, weekend work was required. It would have been more had it not been for family bereavement.

The previous 3 months was 24, 24 and 23 days. I think it's time for a rest.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Plenty of threads where people have waved their willys in the past. Here is one for example..

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...7-jan-dec.html
    ha ha, great find. Good reading.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    When you have multiple clients, it's not difficult to get more than 366 in a leap year - and still have time off.
    Hmm good point. If I include software sales, whose work consisted of me making an invoice, then I guess that adds an extra couple of months. Happy days!

Leave a comment:

• MrButton
    replied
    I’m aiming for no more than 220. And no less than 200.

266 is ridiculous imo. As it’s usually max around 255 excluding weekend and BH so I assume you’re working BH/WE.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Plenty of threads where people have waved their willys in the past. Here is one for example..

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...7-jan-dec.html

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Dunno, don't care, probably lower than that! I pride myself on the amount of time off I've been able to have

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    started a topic Most billable days in a financial year?

Most billable days in a financial year?

I'm staring at 266 this financial year ending March 2018 which is my best ever. Probably explains why I'm burnt out.

What's your record?
    Last edited by oliverson; 21 February 2018, 10:36.

Working...
X