• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remote central heating app"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    had hive for a year or two and it is easy to use from unit or via app. occasional upgrade / rebooting is needed and the wall unit runs on batteries which can run out of power at inopportune moments.

Leave a comment:

• Soho
    replied
    Been using Hive, its quite good.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    That's a granny.

Unless you are Macron.
    Darmy is so sour he thinks that is ok.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I like my Nest - I'm not huge into the full house automation stuff and I don't like getting tied completely into things that could disappear tomorrow. Nest has the same problem, to a degree, but as it's just a drop in replacement for a normal thermostat I'm not fussed. It does what I need, which is provide a connected step up from a normal thermostat.

Likewise, I like the Nest Protects

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Wouldnt give a penny to British Gas on principal.

Stupid "agile" tossers with idiots in charge on the IT side.

Seb Chakraborty take a bow, idiot of the highest order.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I had a Tado, ripped it out and got a Nest, much better.
    Don't try getting rid of the Nest....

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    I have Nest plus I got a mixture of wired and wireless Nest smoke alarms. Very happy with it although it has gone down a few times.

On the whole though it's really good - was thinking about the cameras but can't really be bothered.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've just completed a Honeywell Evohome installation - all 12 zones set up. I even integrated it (a bit) with IFTTT so I can tell my phone I want a bath or I need to work late, and it heats the relevant room for the desired time. There's even a semi-official homebrew community around it.

Leave a comment:

• Mag
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I had a Tado, ripped it out and got a Nest, much better. You have to pay a subscription to Tado they continue to chase you for it even after you cancel it. Two countries and three houses later they're still mithering me.
    A subscription?

I bought mine outright, never paid a penny for it since.

Sounds to me like someone had your pants down.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Mag View Post
    I have a Tado system on mine - https://www.tado.com/en/

My boiler has an RF receiver which wireless communicates with the 'bridge'. The bridge unit is wired in to my switch/router which wireless communicates with the thermostat in the living area. It can do multiple zones, seperate hot water and invididual valves for radiators if you want that sort of function.
    I had a Tado, ripped it out and got a Nest, much better. You have to pay a subscription to Tado they continue to chase you for it even after you cancel it. Two countries and three houses later they're still mithering me.

Leave a comment:

• Mag
    replied
    I have a Tado system on mine - https://www.tado.com/en/

My boiler has an RF receiver which wireless communicates with the 'bridge'. The bridge unit is wired in to my switch/router which wireless communicates with the thermostat in the living area. It can do multiple zones, seperate hot water and invididual valves for radiators if you want that sort of function.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    FWIW the wife is the worst of all options. My wife could have it set to 'surface of the sun' setting and she'd still claim it was too cold.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    How about a wife:

That's a granny.

Unless you are Macron.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    How about a wife:

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I use Hive, Very happy with it. Had it since 2013.

If I was buying today I'd look at the Apple offering.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X