• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Today's Black Friday deals"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Bought a new nespresso coffee machine - not a sale model but Curry's ebay outlet had 10% off....

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Not interested in the slightest. Spent £800 kitting out my home office this week (by coincidence) and either the stuff I wanted wasn't in the sale, or the sale price was essentially a normal price.
    You need to list out what you did, people are interested, what kit etc?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Not interested in the slightest. Spent £800 kitting out my home office this week (by coincidence) and either the stuff I wanted wasn't in the sale, or the sale price was essentially a normal price.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    It seems like they all (Amazon Included) are using it to shift old stock, I bought a one month prime membership this year as i thought i may get a few bargains for stuff I wanted. It's just been cancelled (after clicking through Amazon's 20 'are you sure you want to cancel' pages ). Funnily enough the one thing I did buy was from Apple who normally never bother to offer anything. An iPad pro which comes with a 80 quid gift card, so happy with that as I can use said card to pay for all of the dongles I'll need for my new MBP

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I got a great bargain on this thoughtful mural for my living room.

God I love buying pointless tulip I don't need cheap.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Bargain for thems that like birdwatching/stalking

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Think most online retailers have tried to dupe the consumer this year, been tracking a few things maybe 10-15% discount but not the headline rate of 50%+.

Better deals randomly

qh
    FTFY

This year like last year retailers have been doing random sales to get rid of stock especially when their rent payments are nearly due.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Think most online retailers have tried to dupe the consumer this year, been tracking a few things maybe 10-15% discount but not the headline rate of 50%+.

Better deals in January.

qh

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    I saw an item, that I had bought previously on Amazon, on Black Friday deal ( 35% off! ) ... of course when I checked what I had paid for the item 6 months ago .... surprise, surprise ... it was the same price.

I've never trusted sales ever since I was in a well-known shop, having a sale, and noticed a small sign that read:

"All of the items on sale have previously been sold at the higher price in some of our 600 branches for a period of 30 days within the last 12 months, however not necessarily consecutive days".

In other words, they wack up the price of an item for 1 day in some random store, then drop it to normal, wack it up again at a different store and eventually claim to be selling the item for 50% off.

And finally. I once spent the summer sellotaping boxes of pies together. On "even" weeks the tape read "£1 Half Price! £1 Half Price! £1 Half Price!" on "Odd" weeks I had to stick two boxes together, the tape read "£2 Buy One, Get One Free!, £2 Buy One, Get One Free!". The price was always a quid ( it was the 80's ) You could never buy them not on offer.

..... That was a long summer.
    Last edited by tomtomagain; 24 November 2017, 16:21.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Personally, I think Amazon in particular used to do a lot of the best BF deals, but they did Prime Day this year, which dwarfed what's on offer today.

Leave a comment:

• Willapp
    replied
    Hardly seen anything good so far. I think retailers are struggling with margins and shoppers are bound to get more savvy about how good a deal really is, now we've had Black Friday deals for several years.

Don't think it helps that most shops seem to be running sales all the time now, so how much lower can they really go just because it's Black Friday? Amazon have been doing deals all week (what's the betting next year it'll just be Black November) so there haven't been any amazing new deals today.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Ah yes, I got an alert from Steam saying some of the games on my wishlist were on sale. Thanks for the reminder.
    There's a site that tells you when the next one is expected as there's several a year.

https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

(Beware it has some funky music playing for those in the office with speakers set to stun. )

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I'm booking flights for all 3 of next year's holidays. g

Will see if overclockers have any deals and if so it's a new DAW as well

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    BF this year has been utter cr@p. Maybe Cyber Monday will be better.

I've been looking for a laptop and some tech kit.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ah yes, I got an alert from Steam saying some of the games on my wishlist were on sale. Thanks for the reminder

I've had a scan through hotel and flight deals, as well as the usual suspects. Nothing really taking my fancy. I didn't bother in previous years, looks like I won't bother this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X