• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lock up your pensions"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    So in a pathetic attempt to try and counter Corbyn they're going to go after the youth vote and end up losing a chunk of their older voters.

Corbyn is basically governing by proxy now.

All we need now is for them to implement some of his policies on foreign policy and taxing the super rich/multinationals. Let's see how desperate they get.
    Ed Milliband's manifesto is in full flow now and I can only see the Tories shifting further left to counter the perceived threat.
    Even so. It's May that's weak not Corbyn being strong.
    The Tory plan is to get Brexit finished (they don't care how well it's done any more) and replace May with someone who'll make it all better (god save us if it's that twat Boris).
    And it'll probably work as without Scotland Corbyn will struggle to get a majority. Not without the centre ground.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    So in a pathetic attempt to try and counter Corbyn they're going to go after the youth vote and end up losing a chunk of their older voters.

Corbyn is basically governing by proxy now.

All we need now is for them to implement some of his policies on foreign policy and taxing the super rich/multinationals. Let's see how desperate they get.

Leave a comment:

• SeededLoaf
    replied
    Raiding my pension to prop up the housing market. As if it wasn't bad enough with low interest rates

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    So where do you fit into this demographic then??
    he can't remember his manners or toilet training either!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The kids aren't as stupid as people believe.

If the Tories want to win the next three elections they just need to start massive house building and ban non-UK residents from buying the properties.

Bring on the Brexit

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    I'm more worried they're allowing pensions to be seen as a worthwhile investment for the future, what with salary sacrifice to reduce personal tax bill.

Inevitable they're doing that to let us build a big enough pot to fail the means test for state pension, and to have an easy target for raids when they need a few billion for their own vested interests.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    He’s a non-EU resident.
    and neither a kid, grown-up, or pensioner?
    so he's a foetus or a corpse?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    He’s a non-EU resident.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    They are though. But then so are the grown-ups and pensioners.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    They are though. But then so are the grown-ups and pensioners.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    No one can remember a decade they weren't born in.
    Have I misread my calendar?
    Is it national state the bleeding obvious day today?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I wasn't suggesting they are stupid. They're far better educated than my parents generation, and arguably better than mine.

They may not remember the 70s mind, but that's kinda not their fault.
    No one can remember a decade they weren't born in.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

If the Tories want to win the next three elections they just need to start massive house building and ban non-EU residents from buying the properties.
    I wasn't suggesting they are stupid. They're far better educated than my parents generation, and arguably better than mine.

They may not remember the 70s mind, but that's kinda not their fault.

As for the next 3 elections,.,... They should concentrate on not f***king up Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    yup.

Doing it for 'the kids' is simply a direct response to Corbyn.

If the Tories want to win the next three elections they just need to start massive house building and ban non-EU residents from buying the properties.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Pension reliefs were going to be cut at some point due to the lower tax take. They just needed an excuse to do it.
    yup.

Doing it for 'the kids' is simply a direct response to Corbyn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X