• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BBC bias further exposed"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Who are you calling a liberal?
    Go boil your head.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I've never even been to Liberia

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nah us liberal folk always insult each other.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Oi, **** off
    I bet he told you that he loved you too.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    There have always been outliers.

Brexit is a stupid idea, so most Brexiteers are cretins. There are however some interesting pro-Brexit ideas (I have always been attracted to Tony Benn's views on the EU), so there will be some non-cretin Brexiteers. There will also be some clever Brexiteers in the Establishment who have been involved in the anti-EU propaganda campaign, to allow them to destroy working conditions, environmental protections etc.

Remain is a clever idea, so most clever people will be for Remain. However, cretins being cretins, some of them (such as scooter and darmy) will blunder randomly into the Remain camp.

HTH
    Oi, **** off

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Turning on your own, or just a split?
    There have always been outliers.

Brexit is a stupid idea, so most Brexiteers are cretins. There are however some interesting pro-Brexit ideas (I have always been attracted to Tony Benn's views on the EU), so there will be some non-cretin Brexiteers. There will also be some clever Brexiteers in the Establishment who have been involved in the anti-EU propaganda campaign, to allow them to destroy working conditions, environmental protections etc.

Remain is a clever idea, so most clever people will be for Remain. However, cretins being cretins, some of them (such as scooter and darmy) will blunder randomly into the Remain camp.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Nah us liberal folk always insult each other.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    He didn't say he only changes his mind when the facts change.

In terms of the BBC, it has a liberal bias on social issues, and a right-wing (or orthodox economics if you prefer) bias on economic issues. It's important to separate out the two, although of course that may be tricky for our simpleton Breixteer (+ scooter + darmy) colleagues.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I think Keynes was a bit narrow minded. It's evidence that should result in a change of thinking, not just facts. Not all opinions are based on cut and dried facts. For example, there's plenty of evidence that the majority of Brexiters are as thick as mince and incapable for forming or following rational discourse, but it would be a stretch to say it's a fact.

Anyway - like all media organisations, the BBC does have a bias (in this case "liberal") which sometimes affects what it reports on and how it reports it. It's still a hell of a lot more impartial, and certainly more reliable than any other news outlet I can think of.

If someone can suggest another news source which is more reliable, trustworthy and/or impartial, I'd be fascinated to know about it. I might even change my mind on the subject.
    He didn't say he only changes his mind when the facts change.

In terms of the BBC, it has a liberal bias on social issues, and a right-wing (or orthodox economics if you prefer) bias on economic issues. It's important to separate out the two, although of course that may be tricky for our simpleton Breixteer (+ scooter + darmy) colleagues.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I think Keynes was a bit narrow minded. It's evidence that should result in a change of thinking, not just facts. Not all opinions are based on cut and dried facts. For example, there's plenty of evidence that the majority of Brexiters are as thick as mince and incapable for forming or following rational discourse, but it would be a stretch to say it's a fact.

Anyway - like all media organisations, the BBC does have a bias (in this case "liberal") which sometimes affects what it reports on and how it reports it. It's still a hell of a lot more impartial, and certainly more reliable than any other news outlet I can think of.

If someone can suggest another news source which is more reliable, trustworthy and/or impartial, I'd be fascinated to know about it. I might even change my mind on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And I'm finding excon to be an extreme right wing troll.

So I would advise him not to cross my path...
    I best not find a article about sex or gender discrimination, or the body to post.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Of course, but NAT is a religious maniac, so doesn't understand the thinking behind the Keynes quotation:

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Where is the problem? Events have moved on. Call out Aung San Suu Kyi as at least an apologist for ethnic cleansing.
    Already starting to happen.

Aung San Suu Kyi: From human rights heroine to alienated icon - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And I'm finding excon to be an extreme right wing troll.

So I would advise him not to cross my path...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    for <deity's> sake

We have Aunty that has been repeatedly exposed by credible sources for bias and some tulipheads are trying to score points based on rape in a defunct country that most liberals would want protected from the west's influence.

sad feckwits off you go and find a stone to crawl under!
    Vetran, we have a situation where excon and others deny that the BBC reports things, based on their "credible sources" which they don't even check before posting, and when it's pointed out to them that their "credible sources" are incorrect, they then find articles from 10 years ago to say that this is the evidence, while still denying that the BBC has reported the news.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X