• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shocked, Shocked I tell you EU edition"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    As I have no idea about German politics I cannot comment but is that a good thing?

(serious question alert!)
    Yes, it is a good thing that you cannot comment.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    A couple of things, firstly it's the Express Secondly: . The CSU are a party only in Bavaria and not allowed to stand elsewhere in Germany and are known for their right wing views (they wanted to have 'special' camps for people with AIDS, nice eh?) Further on, it's pretty much bollocks as Germany is deporting migrants and asylum seekers daily...Quite a lot as a matter of fact.
    Stop picking holes in the UK red tops.

Anyway believe mrs Merkel is going to win the up coming elections.

As I have no idea about German politics I cannot comment but is that a good thing?

(serious question alert!)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    A couple of things, firstly it's the Express Secondly:
    The right-wing politician
    . The CSU are a party only in Bavaria and not allowed to stand elsewhere in Germany and are known for their right wing views (they wanted to have 'special' camps for people with AIDS, nice eh?) Further on, it's pretty much bollocks as Germany is deporting migrants and asylum seekers daily...Quite a lot as a matter of fact.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    You don't say.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...asylum-seekers

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    yes, the most outspoken brexiteers i know all have thai wives
    And drive in a German made car but with an English St George's flag on the license plate

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The only person from my social circle in the UK who will admit to being a Brexiteer voted Brexit because: Turkey is definitely joining the EU in 2017 (or was it 2018); blokes can now marry their boyfriends; there are too many immigrants from the EU, meaning that his (half-Spanish) kids wouldn't be able to afford to buy a house in their own home town. His (now ex) partner was not impressed as he was explaining this. The sad irony is that their separation has increased pressure on local housing. Kids are good friends of my kids and it's really sad.
    yes, the most outspoken brexiteers i know all have thai wives

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Does it matter which party, if it was a validly elected majority party within the UK?

And even if it does, how many years have your beloved Tories had (and in particular a certain T May as Home Secretary) to put it right?
    Calm down dear.

It's only an Internet forum.

😘

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Not so much the UK as the Liberal hand wringing left of the UK under Labour.
    Does it matter which party, if it was a validly elected majority party within the UK?

And even if it does, how many years have your beloved Tories had (and in particular a certain T May as Home Secretary) to put it right?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Egg scandal: European Union KNEW about Fipronil contamination outbreak | World | News | Express.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    It's so hard.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamesball/r...jBg#.dwLNBmJzY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    But cm here there's more.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...Surin-Pitsuwan

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I take it all back we gotta stay.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...t-makes-pizza/

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Rubbish, I hope that I don't need to explain why.
    Woosh....

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Those foreigners took all our school places and qualifications.
    Rubbish, I hope that I don't need to explain why.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

That's about the size of it. Instead of blaming foreigners, Brexiters should have studied harder at school.
    The only person from my social circle in the UK who will admit to being a Brexiteer voted Brexit because: Turkey is definitely joining the EU in 2017 (or was it 2018); blokes can now marry their boyfriends; there are too many immigrants from the EU, meaning that his (half-Spanish) kids wouldn't be able to afford to buy a house in their own home town. His (now ex) partner was not impressed as he was explaining this. The sad irony is that their separation has increased pressure on local housing. Kids are good friends of my kids and it's really sad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X