• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Supervolcano eruption imminent?"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If it happens, Yanks from the mid-west can always temporarily relocate to northern Mexico. Oh, hang on ...
    What?
    You just remembered the wall at the end of the sentence.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Glad it's not just me with a dirty mind.

Seriously this is a bit worrying. Chances may be very low but ain't impossible.
    It's certain, but we never know when.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    This looks like something out of a biology textbook
    Glad it's not just me with a dirty mind.

Seriously this is a bit worrying. Chances may be very low but ain't impossible.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

This looks like something out of a biology textbook.
    or a Clearasil leaflet

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    The BBC made a documentary on exactly this a few years ago:

BBC Two - The tsunami starts its destructive journey - Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? - The path of an Atlantic tsunami

IIRC, the conclusion was we'll be a bit ****ed.
    Past experience 410 years ago confirms the fact BBC Two - Timewatch, 2004-2005, The Killer Wave of 1607 at least if you live near the Bristol Channel....

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've alway wondered what would happen if you nuked Yellowstone or the fault line through one of the Canaries to start a mega tsunami?
    The BBC made a documentary on exactly this a few years ago:

BBC Two - The tsunami starts its destructive journey - Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? - The path of an Atlantic tsunami

IIRC, the conclusion was we'll be a bit ****ed.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    When I lived in a North West city that's who the local drug dealer was - just make sure your ice creams are market price otherwise the police will cotton on quickly.
    Reminds me of a Chinese my friend used to use.

A 27 special got you the standard 27 Chinese meal and an eighth of Skunk.

A 27 Special was actually £28 if I remember correctly

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Pratchett/Baxter's "Long Earth" series featured this kind of devastating event as a major plot point. More reason to support the colonisation of Mars?
    Planets are a dead end. Colonise the asteroids.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I've just bought an Ice Cream van. Planning to drive it around East London and sell drugs.
    When I lived in a North West city that's who the local drug dealer was - just make sure your ice creams are market price otherwise the police will cotton on quickly.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Pratchett/Baxter's "Long Earth" series featured this kind of devastating event as a major plot point. More reason to support the colonisation of Mars?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

This looks like something out of a biology textbook.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I've just bought an Ice Cream van. Planning to drive it around East London and sell drugs.
    That's if you can find a decent pitch that isn't already taken by the MI5 and Special Branch ice cream vans!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If it happens, Yanks from the mid-west can always temporarily relocate to northern Mexico. Oh, hang on ...
    Not after Trump builds the new Atlantic-Pacific link. Along the Mexican border.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Then you can use the profits to invest in sledges.

If it happens, having Trump in a position of serious power(at the moment his wings can be clipped) is quite scary.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    .. If it happens, having Trump in a position of serious power (at the moment his wings can be clipped) is quite scary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X