• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Day of Rage

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Day of Rage"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Did these marches actually take place then?
    I get confused with these protests at times, what's real and what isn't. I probably watch too many zombie films.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 21 June 2017, 22:50.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It was 33-34 Celsius so no one wanted to get on tubes, trains and buses to get there then march. 😁
    Right. So when someone posts "the BBC didn't report the Day of Rage!!" it was because all the protestors threw a sickie...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

I've searched for evidence but all I get back is 'dAy of Rage is planned' 'activists are planning', but nothing about it actually happening.

It was 33-34 Celsius so no one wanted to get on tubes, trains and buses to get there then march. 😁

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    You have to go to the nation's information center: MFJ protesters clash with police in London | Daily Mail Online

This was actually the main story but seems to have been relegated to somewhere between Kim Largearse and Ant Druggie as the lefties didn't go tulip crazy and pee on some monument

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

I've searched for evidence but all I get back is 'dAy of Rage is planned' 'activists are planning', but nothing about it actually happening.

They all gathered at a local crèche and had incredible rages.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I recall back in '99, Reclaim the Streets were have some kind of rally - so I couldn't get off at Bank and walk on the streets to Liverpool Street, I had to take the tube.
    How harsh ... not

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri..._Support_Group

These guys were the worst. Never did any reclaim the streets.
    I recall back in '99, Reclaim the Streets were have some kind of rally - so I couldn't get off at Bank and walk on the streets to Liverpool Street, I had to take the tube.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Ahh the Met promotion program. I fell asleep during the last one.

That's cos the protesters were clearly not middle class enough.

Seems the promotional program is a fail then!
    Actually I found it quite interesting the majority of crime depicted was gang, mental health or scrotes on mopeds.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Is it going to take place at Glastonbury as well?
    Hopefully it will pour as normal.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Is it going to take place at Glastonbury as well?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    This was 15 years ago. Guessing this aspect has changed.
    Yep but if you get a recording of the police up to no good make sure you send it to a National Newspaper for your own safety.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    That's why you have a good number of people clearly with video cameras at every protest.

The police do the same.
    This was 15 years ago. Guessing this aspect has changed.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    "That's cos you f****** c****, n****** and p**** can't read!"

Well a few of my mates have been told that or similar over the years.
    2 shots from the time, no numbers seem to be on show

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Years ago the same happened at a Reclaim the Streets in Brighton.

Officers were trucked down by the Met in Vans, no badges in sight.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri..._Support_Group

These guys were the worst. Never did any reclaim the streets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X