• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'I'm newly married and my wife doesn't want a joint account. Am I right to feel hurt?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If your pet name for your mistress is hurt, then it is probably okay.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Tart.
    I like to be paid when I get fscked

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no they pay me
    Tart.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Do they do joint accounts with mistresses?
    no they pay me

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Which ones £10K light, does she know about that one yet?
    Hers most likely, so yes...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    don't you have both?

Individual for each of us and a series of joint accounts for various purposes.
    Do they do joint accounts with mistresses?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Never had a joint account, never felt the need. We transfer money between us as needed and that's it really.
    Yup, same here for current accounts. We do have shared savings accounts, but that is to make it simple to transfer cash as and when.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We have one joint account for bills that we both put a fixed amount into every month.

It's worked well enough for us these past 30 years...
    Did just that* with the ex Mrs Bacchus.

It worked very well until we separated. I moved to Reading and got burgled (this is normal for Reading I believe), I chased the burglar out of the house (well, I backed away skilfully as he chased me which amounts to the same thing). He had left a pile of laptops and cards on a coffee table so I thought I'd got away with it until the ex Mrs B phoned up and asked why I'd taken a grand out of the joint account...

*ETA, actually we had the account for paying bills, I think I was the only one who actually put anything in...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The wife and I have 9 accounts between us. 1 in her name, 8 in mine. She knows about 2 of them.
    The 2 being the ones you use to invest in sledges and betting on election results?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The wife and I have 9 accounts between us. 1 in her name, 8 in mine. She knows about 2 of them.

Which ones £10K light, does she know about that one yet?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Me and the missus have 1 account.

But seeing as we are civilised human beings who don't feel the need to duck other people it works well.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I keep my joints under the sex toys. Mrs BP will never look there.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    We have one joint account for bills that we both put a fixed amount into every month.

It's worked well enough for us these past 30 years...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Well, I guess he can look at it this way:-

Would he prefer to be hurt and suspicious and personally well off?

Or unhurt and personally skint?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    don't you have both?

Individual for each of us and a series of joint accounts for various purposes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X