• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Enough is Enough

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Enough is Enough"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Indeed it is

some facts

Female genital mutilation (FGM) frequently asked questions | UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by grabri View Post
    Looks like we are in agreement then, and you weren't trying to trivialise my comment by comparing FGM with ear-piercing after all...
    Yes, totally in agreement. FGM should not be trivialised. It is a horrific form of branding/maiming.

Leave a comment:

• grabri
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The practice of mutilating a child - no matter how, whether outwardly visible or not - should be stopped. It doesn't matter whether it is for "religious" grounds or not.
    If a mother thinks it's a good idea to get (or let) a 5 year old have a tattoo that says "I love my dad", in my opinion that is not a good idea.
    If a father wants their child to have their ears pierced at 2 years old, it's not because the child has asked for it, but because the parent has forced/projected their desires onto the child.

So, my comment was that it should not be allowed until a time when a child is considered old enough to make sensible decisions on their own. I suggested the voting age.
    Looks like we are in agreement then, and you weren't trying to trivialise my comment by comparing FGM with ear-piercing after all...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    There is the original quote - your comparison is still ridiculous, and loses the religious context to boot, although that isn't relevant.
    The practice of mutilating a child - no matter how, whether outwardly visible or not - should be stopped. It doesn't matter whether it is for "religious" grounds or not.
    If a mother thinks it's a good idea to get (or let) a 5 year old have a tattoo that says "I love my dad", in my opinion that is not a good idea.
    If a father wants their child to have their ears pierced at 2 years old, it's not because the child has asked for it, but because the parent has forced/projected their desires onto the child.

So, my comment was that it should not be allowed until a time when a child is considered old enough to make sensible decisions on their own. I suggested the voting age.

Leave a comment:

• grabri
    replied
    In all of this we should not lose sight of the fact that FGM has much more of an impact on young girls. The practice of mutilation of children by any religion should be banned in any decent society.
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It's only ridiculous when someone deliberately takes it out of context, i.e. Removes the second half of the original quote.
    If you'd like to look at the original quote in full and then look at the reply, you'll see there's nothing ridiculous in it at all.
    There is the original quote - your comparison is still ridiculous, and loses the religious context to boot, although that isn't relevant.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    What a ridiculous comparison.
    It's only ridiculous when someone deliberately takes it out of context, i.e. Removes the second half of the original quote.
    If you'd like to look at the original quote in full and then look at the reply, you'll see there's nothing ridiculous in it at all.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    ..., but I'd have expected better, especially from a moderator.
    Not been here long then, have you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    we may not agree on certain things, but I'd have expected better, especially from a moderator.
    You sure you are on the right forum?

The mods on here have the combined IQ of a Weetabix..............you may be setting the bar a bit high!!

Leave a comment:

• billybiro
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    When I see the crap you continually post, I doubt it very much. I put you somewhere between Recruitment Agent and pond slime.
    So, having nothing meaningful to contribute to the discussion, you resort to ad hominem attacks. Really, we may not agree on certain things, but I'd have expected better, especially from a moderator.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    In all of this we should not lose sight of the fact that FGM has much more of an impact on young girls.
    So, no piercings, tattoos, etc, until they are old enough to vote?
    What a ridiculous comparison.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Sorry, you're trying to prove that you're not a far right paranoid by linking to breitbart?
    Seems to be only Breitbart reporting it as well. Now would this be the school:

Studio school is failing its pupils says Ofsted | Nottingham Post

And this the pupil question:

Latest News | Vision Studio School, Mansfield

Actually it was reported before, by another 15 year old kipper:

OUTRAGE as student referred to anti-terror police for UKIP leaflets in his school bag | Kipper Central

And other right wing websites including, where I suspect the OP spotted it:

The 'Political Correctness Gone Mad' Thread - Page 344 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Lucha Underground, Women of Wrestling Forums

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Yes, I did. I think the term used should be Islamist Extremists.

But I think the rest of what you said is delusional - reflective of far-right paranoia.
    Like this for example:

2017-06-06 EXCLUSIVE: Teachers Report 15-Year-Old Boy To Govt Extremism Watchdog for Jokes about Caitlyn Jenner and Campaigning for UKIP
    Sorry, you're trying to prove that you're not a far right paranoid by linking to breitbart?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    But I think the rest of what you said is delusional - reflective of far-right paranoia.
    Like this for example:

2017-06-06 EXCLUSIVE: Teachers Report 15-Year-Old Boy To Govt Extremism Watchdog for Jokes about Caitlyn Jenner and Campaigning for UKIP

A member of UKIP’s youth wing has been labelled “far right” by his school and reported to the Government’s PREVENT de-radicalisation programme, which is designed to stop “young people from being drawn into terrorism”.

Michael Higginson, a 15-year-old year 10 student at Vision Studio School in Mansfield, also claims teachers openly back the Labour Party and said the website for his local UKIP branch is blocked on the school’s Internet service.

He told Breitbart London the school’s “safeguarding officer” told him he could have committed “a hate crime” and that they “needed to find out if [he was] an extremist” before he was subsequently interviewed by two police officers.

The student (pictured with former UKIP leadership candidate John Rees-Evans) said he is “vocal” in his support for UKIP in citizenship lessons and has tweeted approvingly about right-wing French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen. ...
    Don't kid yourself - Extremism is what the Government says it is.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    As the Catholic (Universal) church believes & preaches it was founded by Jesus then that is 2000 years ago, the basic form was there.

The Roman name came later but it was the same organisation...
    It's stretching a point to try and identify the "Holy Catholic" church with the "Roman Catholic" church.

As you mentioned, the first is a generic expression and unites practically every Christian sect by apostolic succession of their priests and ministers from Christ and the original apostles.

The second is just one, albeit popular and widespread, denomination with the Bishop of Rome at its head.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    .. and remember that there is no such thing as a muslim/Christian/jewish/etc.. child. Only the indoctrinated child of muslim/Christian/jewish/etc... parents
    I was raised an agnostic. It didn't stick. I had to play outside while all my mates went to Sunday School.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X