• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    But I think the rest of what you said is delusional - reflective of far-right paranoia.
    Like this for example:

2017-06-06 EXCLUSIVE: Teachers Report 15-Year-Old Boy To Govt Extremism Watchdog for Jokes about Caitlyn Jenner and Campaigning for UKIP

A member of UKIP’s youth wing has been labelled “far right” by his school and reported to the Government’s PREVENT de-radicalisation programme, which is designed to stop “young people from being drawn into terrorism”.

Michael Higginson, a 15-year-old year 10 student at Vision Studio School in Mansfield, also claims teachers openly back the Labour Party and said the website for his local UKIP branch is blocked on the school’s Internet service.

He told Breitbart London the school’s “safeguarding officer” told him he could have committed “a hate crime” and that they “needed to find out if [he was] an extremist” before he was subsequently interviewed by two police officers.

The student (pictured with former UKIP leadership candidate John Rees-Evans) said he is “vocal” in his support for UKIP in citizenship lessons and has tweeted approvingly about right-wing French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen. ...
    Don't kid yourself - Extremism is what the Government says it is.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Yes, I did. I think the term used should be Islamist Extremists.

But I think the rest of what you said is delusional - reflective of far-right paranoia.
      Like this for example:

2017-06-06 EXCLUSIVE: Teachers Report 15-Year-Old Boy To Govt Extremism Watchdog for Jokes about Caitlyn Jenner and Campaigning for UKIP
      Sorry, you're trying to prove that you're not a far right paranoid by linking to breitbart?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sorry, you're trying to prove that you're not a far right paranoid by linking to breitbart?
        Seems to be only Breitbart reporting it as well. Now would this be the school:

Studio school is failing its pupils says Ofsted | Nottingham Post

And this the pupil question:

Latest News | Vision Studio School, Mansfield

Actually it was reported before, by another 15 year old kipper:

OUTRAGE as student referred to anti-terror police for UKIP leaflets in his school bag | Kipper Central

And other right wing websites including, where I suspect the OP spotted it:

The 'Political Correctness Gone Mad' Thread - Page 344 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Lucha Underground, Women of Wrestling Forums
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

In all of this we should not lose sight of the fact that FGM has much more of an impact on young girls.
          So, no piercings, tattoos, etc, until they are old enough to vote?
          What a ridiculous comparison.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

When I see the crap you continually post, I doubt it very much. I put you somewhere between Recruitment Agent and pond slime.
            So, having nothing meaningful to contribute to the discussion, you resort to ad hominem attacks. Really, we may not agree on certain things, but I'd have expected better, especially from a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
              we may not agree on certain things, but I'd have expected better, especially from a moderator.
              You sure you are on the right forum?

The mods on here have the combined IQ of a Weetabix..............you may be setting the bar a bit high!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                ..., but I'd have expected better, especially from a moderator.
                Not been here long then, have you.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  What a ridiculous comparison.
                  It's only ridiculous when someone deliberately takes it out of context, i.e. Removes the second half of the original quote.
                  If you'd like to look at the original quote in full and then look at the reply, you'll see there's nothing ridiculous in it at all.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
                    In all of this we should not lose sight of the fact that FGM has much more of an impact on young girls. The practice of mutilation of children by any religion should be banned in any decent society.
                    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    It's only ridiculous when someone deliberately takes it out of context, i.e. Removes the second half of the original quote.
                    If you'd like to look at the original quote in full and then look at the reply, you'll see there's nothing ridiculous in it at all.
                    There is the original quote - your comparison is still ridiculous, and loses the religious context to boot, although that isn't relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
                      There is the original quote - your comparison is still ridiculous, and loses the religious context to boot, although that isn't relevant.
                      The practice of mutilating a child - no matter how, whether outwardly visible or not - should be stopped. It doesn't matter whether it is for "religious" grounds or not.
                      If a mother thinks it's a good idea to get (or let) a 5 year old have a tattoo that says "I love my dad", in my opinion that is not a good idea.
                      If a father wants their child to have their ears pierced at 2 years old, it's not because the child has asked for it, but because the parent has forced/projected their desires onto the child.

So, my comment was that it should not be allowed until a time when a child is considered old enough to make sensible decisions on their own. I suggested the voting age.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X