• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More Daily Mail Anti-Europe Rhetoric"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    lies, lies all lies. Mother Europe loves you tovaritch!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Oh, you're wrong, Shaun eats lots of meat
    stop fantasizing I don't think Shaun swings that way, though NLYUK has one expert pole choker in her stable.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Shauny is okay because in his household they don't get to eat meat at all...
    Oh, you're wrong, Shaun eats lots of meat

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Same Daily Mail invention in the Independent now:

Hepatitis E: Barbecue warning over 'Brexit virus' found in 10 per cent of sausages | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/MarksMobileButchers/

Not sure if is Halal or not, but it certainly keeps Chez SB in fine carnivorous fettle.

Nom Nom

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    He's a vegan?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    But if you go the local butcher you can still get the cut of meat you want without additives.

Put the crap stuff in crispy pancakes.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So which has higher food standards, the EU or the US?
    Post Brexit I'm sure we'll be getting lots of cheap adulterated US meat shipped over.

The Vulgar Truth About US Meats
    The US uses loads more antibiotics....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So which has higher food standards, the EU or the US?
    Post Brexit I'm sure we'll be getting lots of cheap adulterated US meat shipped over.

The Vulgar Truth About US Meats

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I don't believe it's C++ development as you're too thick for that.
    If only anyone actually gave a fook what you believe, there might still be some point in you hanging around.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    So just because it's in the papers it's a fact

Don't get me wrong i'm not defending the EU here, just questioning the validity of the "facts" published in the UK press, where there is nothing in the press in other (not only EU) countries. As according to your own post the disease is more prevalent on the continent and we supposedly have 60000 cases here, extrapolating this number should result in 100'000's of cases in Europe, where are the "facts" to back this up?

Which one is more believable - tinfoil hat level of cover up by the EU or misleading "facts" in the UK press.
    First of all it will only infect you if you eat raw pork, and if you do get it the virus is like flu it makes you ill for a couple of days and you get over it. But like flu it can be bad for old people or patients on immunity suppressant medication, who shouldn't be eating raw meat anyway.

It's non news really, but the British press love the idea of foreigners bringing diseases, however harmless, that have names similar to other dangerous diseases but in fact have nothing in common. It would be like a variant of the common cold being called canser and then the papers getting hold of it to report on foreigners giving everyone canser, even though all that happens is they have a runny nose.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 22 May 2017, 11:59.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    There's still the Commonwealth. For example, I think most of our lamb is imported from New Zealand.
    Are you sure that's not Nigerian goat?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Indeed

Beef and Lamb Matters: Why the UK imports lamb from New Zealand

However their welfare & health standards are as high as ours. Also you don't have PC scaring the meat!
    Isn't all New Zealand lamb Halal?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Remember "Ash dieback"?

No, of course, you don't. I will remind you. It is a disease, a fungus, that kills Ash trees.

It has swept through Europe and killed 90% of the Ash trees in affected countries. It first arrived in the UK in 2012 and made the papers in 2015/2016.

I confidently predicted that the Wail will report it again within the next six months with the headline:

Juncker in EU BREXIT plot to kill OUR trees

Not because it's accurate, or relevant, but because it will sell papers.

Secondly, I predict that shortly after publishing the headline on their website Darmstadt will link it in a new thread on CUK. Thus boosting the Google Page-Rank of the Wail article, driving more traffic to their site and increasing their advertising revenue.
    No I won't, well not now anyway. I'll post a link to the Express instead

Leave a comment:

Working...
X