• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tories Want Your House"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Labour surges

this is beginning to look quite interesting

Yes, very I hope they start to get a kicking in the polls. It will focus minds. Things always end badly when a party tries to replicate the policies of other parties and ditch their core vote. You end up asking the question: why am I bothering to vote for Labour-lite, when I can vote for full-on car crash Labour proper?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Labour surges

this is beginning to look quite interesting

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Thing is, May does not want to depend on old Tory voters who she will help to die out with reduction in winter allowance, so she is betting on robbing the very people who elected Tory Scum and who voted for Brexit in order to give some handouts to "worker" class voters of Labour.

Poetic justice really.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Shows how competent they are when they publish a manifesto without seemingly any market research beforehand. How hard is it for them to pop down the nearest Conservative Club and see what the reaction is from their core voters.

I re-iterate my viewpoint that they don't want to win the election. Let Labour worry about how to deal with brexit.

Cameron didn't hang around after the vote was to leave, and May is now wanting to find some other mug to throw the hot potato at. Sometimes the puppet doesn't like the strings they attach, even though they only use suckers.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Theresa May caved in, in a "strong and stable" way.

Bodes well for the Brexit talks, where I think we can expect quite a lot of unexpected "strong and stable" U-Turns.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    How stable is it to make a U-turn at that kind of speed?
    It is strong

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    How stable is it to make a U-turn at that kind of speed?

Leave a comment:

• Smartie
    replied
    No change

There is no cap. A cap will be part of the consultation already mentioned. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Obviously the reason is that the Government pays one or two home care mega-corporations say £2000 a week per caree, and these companies then hire zero hours contract temps, probably unqualified, and pay them a minimum wage of a tenth that to actually do all the work, all this to make sure retired MPs can get juicy chairmanships, directorships in said companies
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Not sure why sitting people in the corner and forgetting to feed them costs £50k a year? ...
    and you a contractor?

Obviously the reason is that the Government pays one or two home care mega-corporations say £2000 a week per caree, and these companies then hire zero hours contract temps, probably unqualified, and pay them a minimum wage of a tenth that to actually do all the work.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    And now LBC are complaining that the rich won't pay as much if there is a cap....

Not sure why sitting people in the corner and forgetting to feed them costs £50k a year?
    Prison care costs less than that.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...er-2015-16.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    Theresa May waters down 'dementia tax' in extraordinary U-turn after poll lead slashe

Theresa May waters down 'dementia tax' in extraordinary U-turn after poll lead slashed | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by fannyadams
    ... It's a tough one. With people living longer and longer it's unsustainable. ...
    That and the fact that the traditional age division of wealth, with (typically) working age people prosperous and pensioners as poor as church mice, is rapidly being turned on its head, with the old timers benefiting from rises in property prices and full salary pensions, and younger working people finding it ever harder to obtain lucrative and secure employment.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    "The UK's seat at the negotiating table will be filled by me or Jeremy Corbyn. The deal we seek will be negotiated by me or Jeremy Corbyn.
    "There will be no time to waste and no time for a new Government to find its way. So the stakes in this election are high… We need someone representing Britain who is 100 per cent committed to the cause, not someone who is uncertain or unsure, but someone utterly determined to deliver the democratic will of the British people.
    I think that covers it. You holding straw again?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    36bn a week? a month? over the next ten years?

36bn is not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Nice big figure to cause panic though hey!

Good try - 5.5/10
    Try reading the article. I know exposure to the Indy induces seizures in Daily Mail readers but you only needed to look at the headline an 1st paragraph.

Here, I'll quote it for you.

Originally posted by The Independent
    Leaving the single market in services could lead to a loss of between 1.4 and 2 per cent of gross domestic product.

Losing access to the single market in services after Brexit could cost the British economy up to £36bn a year and have a particularly negative impact on financial services, telecoms and transport, a new report concludes.
    There, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X