• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cryptocurrency

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cryptocurrency"

Collapse

• willendure
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Yes. The change is it's only matter of time before the authorities clamp down on all this.
    The authorities just approved the ETFs. Its spring time you hibernating bear.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	z-funny-433.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	4286532

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    still going https://www.tradingview.com/u/without_worries/

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Where is Scooty?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Like taking base jumping lessons from a Lemming...
    (Yes, I know it's a myth but...)
    I’ve definitely seem lemmings base jumping - heck they even have parachutes

Click image for larger version

Name:	lemmings-featured.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	4269181

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Wouldn't be so sure! Bubbles are a great way to make money, you just need to not drink the kool-aid and remember you're in a bubble.
    Like taking base jumping lessons from a Lemming...
    (Yes, I know it's a myth but...)

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Indeed. I can tell for sure there is one less and judging by your post I'd say two.
    Wouldn't be so sure! Bubbles are a great way to make money, you just need to not drink the kool-aid and remember you're in a bubble.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

A lot of people got burnt, some a little (like me), some a lot. It will be genuinely interesting to see another bull run, just to see how many burn victims go in again.
    Indeed. I can tell for sure there is one less and judging by your post I'd say two.

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Christ, FFS is Crypto still a thing?

For the avoidance of doubt: cryptocurrencies are NOT an investment; they are, at best, a speculative Ponzi scheme entirely reliant upon the "the greater fool" theory.
    A lot of people got burnt, some a little (like me), some a lot. It will be genuinely interesting to see another bull run, just to see how many burn victims go in again.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by marshall mathers View Post

Yes good point and sound advice. This is an investment/gamble that can go up or down.
    My suggestion was based on long term rather than 24 hours of riches.
    Unlike alot of cryptos XRP is being used in the financial markets.
    I am no expert so I do not expect anyone to invest based on my forum post - without doing their own research.
    The risk of crypto market should be clear for everyone.
    Yeah I get that and it's not for one miserable git like me to police it. The whole industry is based on people predicting. We've just been burnt by Spooter on here so a bit of us a bit overly touchy about it. Sad thing is you could be right this time, but we know spooter never was so once bitten and all that.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Christ, FFS is Crypto still a thing?

For the avoidance of doubt: cryptocurrencies are NOT an investment; they are, at best, a speculative Ponzi scheme entirely reliant upon the "the greater fool" theory.
    Last edited by wattaj; 14 July 2023, 14:41. Reason: Poor speillng.

Leave a comment:

• marshall mathers
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

This type of post really grinds my gears and it's the reason Spooter got chased off. You say fill your boots but since you put that it's over 8% down already. Spooter used to do this knowing full well filling your boots after a massive spike was gauranteed to lose people a lot of money as it dropped down the other side. Myself, and many others on here naively fell for it and some people (not me as I didn't put much in) lost an awful lot of money off his stupid comments. You tell people fill their boots when they are the peak of the trade, everyone buys on panic and many do it far too late, buy at a peak and will lose a lot of money when the (usually) inevitable crash hits.

Wrong advice, wrong message too late.
    Yes good point and sound advice. This is an investment/gamble that can go up or down.
    My suggestion was based on long term rather than 24 hours of riches.
    Unlike alot of cryptos XRP is being used in the financial markets.
    I am no expert so I do not expect anyone to invest based on my forum post - without doing their own research.
    The risk of crypto market should be clear for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/13/xrp-...t-the-sec.html

XRP - fill yer boots before it is too late.

Big win me thinks.
    This type of post really grinds my gears and it's the reason Spooter got chased off. You say fill your boots but since you put that it's over 8% down already. Spooter used to do this knowing full well filling your boots after a massive spike was gauranteed to lose people a lot of money as it dropped down the other side. Myself, and many others on here naively fell for it and some people (not me as I didn't put much in) lost an awful lot of money off his stupid comments. You tell people fill their boots when they are the peak of the trade, everyone buys on panic and many do it far too late, buy at a peak and will lose a lot of money when the (usually) inevitable crash hits.

Wrong advice, wrong message too late.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied

Big win me thinks.

yes a big win for Ripple.

Leave a comment:

• marshall mathers
    replied
    Lots of talk about XRP/Ripple and SEC judgement coming soon............ whats the forecast? Load up XRP?

Big win me thinks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X