• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "tax avoidance and evasion no longer exist"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Property trading is not the same as getting rent income from owned properties wrapped into an Ltd.
    They will become deemed "disguised" property investment companies.

Some dim bint heading up HMR&C will create IR69 and fook them over. Then she will become a Baroness and go the house of lords for a life of free gravy.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It doesn't matter... for any value of X AtW's comment is "X will be very heavily taxed very soon"
    The latest was X = condoms. Something he will never have use for.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Now that's very dangerous - that kind of companies will be heavily taxed for sure, very very soon
    Too much doom and gloom in your vision IMO. There will always be niches, ways to make income etc. That won't change. You don't need to buy rental property, you could build one yourself etc. All sorts of investment options available once you've accumulated enough.

I'll keep on investing until it won't matter anymore

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It doesn't matter... for any value of X AtW's comment is "X will be very heavily taxed very soon"
    someone has to pay for the squirrel bridges.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

why?

Don't property trading companies already exist?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Property trading is not the same as getting rent income from owned properties wrapped into an Ltd.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Now that's very dangerous - that kind of companies will be heavily taxed for sure, very very soon

why?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    This has always been my medium/long term objective, but if it didn't work out then I would retain funds in the Ltd and buy assets (property) to generate income.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    You're correct. The dividend doesn't apply to investments held within an ISA nor does capital gains tax, or indeed any other income tax.

Still worth putting as much as you can in and reinvest the dividends to build it up.

I wouldn't rely on the Entrepreneur's Relief being available to PSC's in the long term.
    This has always been my medium/long term objective, but if it didn't work out then I would retain funds in the Ltd and buy assets (property) to generate income.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Who said I'd ever liquidate the company? Asset stored in it can provide income till the rest of your life with little admin
    Nice idea, only problem is that if company become non-trading it could get exposed to some punitive taxation measures in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    I don't get it.

I thought that the 7.5% dividend tax didn't apply to ISAs, and lower CT won't help retained funds since you've already paid it at the prevailing rate?

Of course the dividend tax will cause the stock market to plummet, so you could shift to a buy-to-let and save tax.
    You're correct. The dividend doesn't apply to investments held within an ISA nor does capital gains tax, or indeed any other income tax.

Still worth putting as much as you can in and reinvest the dividends to build it up.

I wouldn't rely on the Entrepreneur's Relief being available to PSC's in the long term.

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    I was filling my isa to the max every year. but now with dividend tax rise etc that might not be the best option anymore.
    Retaining funds in the LTD is the king.
    Especially with lower CT coming next years
    I don't get it.

I thought that the 7.5% dividend tax didn't apply to ISAs, and lower CT won't help retained funds since you've already paid it at the prevailing rate?

Of course the dividend tax will cause the stock market to plummet, so you could shift to a buy-to-let and save tax.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I guess in your case 17% of not much is sod all.
    Fill the ISA sub higher rate. Keep the rest in LTD. That's what I do. Will do some math for the next year if ISA is still a good option given dividend tax hike. Because that 7.5%, you would have to give away to the taxman, over longer period would grow exponentially
    Last edited by diseasex; 20 March 2017, 14:47.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    There are ways to avoid tax, but with 17% I can bite the bullet and grow wealth wrapped in LTD
    I guess in your case 17% of not much is sod all.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    To do this properly you need to offset profits against IP licensed from your offshore company.
    There are ways to avoid tax, but with 17% I can bite the bullet and grow wealth wrapped in LTD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X