• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Top Gear how would you fix it?"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Should have allowed the producer to take a swing at Clarkson, it's what he'd have wanted.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Get Steve Berry back on, could do with some decent rock chunes on it.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    WHS

The polar one was great
    The doctor who did my medical for critical illness cover was the medic on that one.

He was telling me that most people's perceptions of the presenters are completely wrong.

Hammond was a complete diva & refused to come out of his tent on more than one occasion while Clarkson is nothing like the bluff, boorish oaf some people like to make him out to be.

Really nice bloke according to this doctor.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    finding new ones to do must be tricky though now.
    The Darien Gap would be good. Don't know if you can get any 4 wheeled vehicle through there though....
    Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 7 March 2017, 17:15.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    My favourite TG items were/are the road trips.
    WHS

The polar one was great, finding new ones to do must be tricky though now.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Bring back William Woollard

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

There is something very entertaining about taking unsuitable vehicles across breathtakingly beautiful, deadly, and dangerous far flung places of the world.
    Indeed but the brilliance was adding absurd actions as well.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

There is something very entertaining about taking unsuitable vehicles across breathtakingly beautiful, deadly, and dangerous far flung places of the world.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    They know to keep him well fed, stops him smacking producers in the face.

qh
    was I too subtle again? (Clobber Clarkson)

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    I stopped watching The Grand Tour after a few episodes, I just couldn't be arsed watching it.

MLB is an actor, not a presenter. It just isn't his natural forte. He's there to make Top Gear UK continue to be sellable to an international audience.

Car reviews are a side story to Top Gear, it is like a man equivalent of Loose Women ('Loose Blokes' if you like) with a car based theme. Shows which focus too much on just the cars don't succeed (Fifth Gear, for example).

Top Gear is an established show with an all new presenting team, who need to make the show their own. That will take time, but an established audience wont give it the time. Clarkson turned Top Gear from a motoring magazine into The Clarkson Show - MLB cannot front The Clarkson Show, so Top Gear needs to be re-invented or it will just die.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I think they are enjoying Amazon too much I'm pretty sure Clobber Clarkson never goes hungry, in fact most nights they are shown eating top notch grub.
    They know to keep him well fed, stops him smacking producers in the face.

qh

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I can't shake the impression of Rory Reid that he got lost on the way to the Blue Peter studio. LeBlanc just seems to be trying too hard, though Chris Harris is okay.

Maybe they all need to relax a bit. It's so forced. Of course it was always scripted, but maybe Clarkson & co. were a lot better at making it seem natural and it's that that's lacking.

The Grand Tour had two really duff episodes, but for the most part I thought it was pretty good. Maybe not them at their best, but better than the previous years had been.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Top Gear format is ok maybe a bit stale but then if the only thing you can do is drive cars in different locations, talk about cars and then interview someone who is going to drive a car then you maybe a little limited in your creative options.

If you watch some of the earlier episodes of top gear it took a while for clarkson, hammond and may to gel.

So give them some time.

Although not sure about Rory Reid - he is a bit 'gangsta wannabe'

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    They seem to have moved the format ok to Amazon but

Celebrity Brain crash is just sad.

Conversation street is hmmm

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I wouldn't bother. MLB is doing his best but he's playing a role, not his enthusiast self. Rory is annoying as hell right now but may improve as he settles down. "Let's Race" Harris thrashing a pointless car around a deserted racetrack is equally pointless and ultimately boring (hint: you don't drive racing cars like that anyway...). The Kazakhstan thing was tedious and too staged to have any meaning. Net entertainment value of Sunday's show was close to zero.

So basically, finish showing this series since we've already paid for it, then go away and think about what it is you're trying to achieve. As it stands it's lost its way.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Get Hammond, May and Clarkson back. It is that simple.
    The format was getting very stale even when they were still doing it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X