• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PM:FAO Admin RE:Swear list changes"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    FFS, will you please try to stop talking in logical non-sequiturs? It was funny at first, but now it's getting boring.
    sorry when you post crap I try to get down to your level so there might be a level of understanding. Sometimes I fail to descend so far.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    What is your definition of a real word?
    Sunbeam........as in Jesus wants me as one?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    like a privateer.
    Oh now that word had some heavy duty bias, but at least they had fun beating up the euro's.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Jeez, think before you post!
    Alas, we have reached a parlous state.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Moist

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They're not real words.

or wud u lik if plp txtspk? lol x

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    They're all negative terms though aren't they? Would anyone describe themselves as a Brexiteer ...
    I'd happily describe myself as a "Brexiteer", as it sounds bold and adventurous and potentially lucrative, like a privateer.

Not at all like those timid, stay-at-home (in the EU) Bremainers!

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you know that is a newspaper not a political party don't you?
    FFS, will you please try to stop talking in logical non-sequiturs? It was funny at first, but now it's getting boring.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But that would result in me posting useless crap that doesn't help anyone and make me look a right pillock..........
    I'm happy to sign off UAT

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The next version will changes all of the 2nd posts in accountancy/legal to "have you asked your accountant?"
    But that would result in me posting useless unrelated crap to the OP's question that doesn't help anyone and make me look a right pillock..........

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    unfortunately it seems everyone likes throwing insults and accusing the other of being racist or suckling on Mother EUs teat.

The words are fairly obvious:

Brexiter=Someone who supported Brexit.
    Bremainer = Someone who would like to remain in the EU.
    Bremoaner = someone who moans about the vote. Either side but losers seem to have it worse.
    Remnant = offensive name for a Bremainer who is annoying. Surprisingly common on this board.
    Racist = an unsupported slur used against people who voted for Brexit.
    Cretin = the word SasGuru is proud he can spell.

Happy to use other terms if you can supply them.

By the way Brexiteer & Bremainer are in common use by Dictionaries & the broadsheets so lets assume they are real words and you are just out of touch.
    The only contentious word in your whole post!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    They're all negative terms though aren't they? Would anyone describe themselves as a Brexiteer or a Bremainer? Or only those who hold the other (i.e. wrong) view? The idea you can sum up someone's entire stance on a complicated issue with a one-word label is crazy too. It's classic "them and us" division. Who cares about the points or the debate or what it means, as long as we know which side to put people on...

Like, would anyone here apply such a label to themselves? Actual question?
    I'm for Brexit I see no issue with being called a Brexiteer I don't see it as a negative label, conversely my Brother is a Bremainer I respect his stance despite believing he is being naive.

We do it all the time Facist, Libertine, Equality Campaigner. Its good to be clear. However any intelligent person realises there are shades of gray.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Actually, if we could create a separate forum for doogie, scooter, darmstadt and all the Brexiteers except jamesbrown and Equalizer, we could have a decent discussion.

Hell, at this point I'd keep Dim!
    Jeez, think before you post!

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    They're all negative terms though aren't they? Would anyone describe themselves as a Brexiteer or a Bremainer? Or only those who hold the other (i.e. wrong) view? The idea you can sum up someone's entire stance on a complicated issue with a one-word label is crazy too. It's classic "them and us" division. Who cares about the points or the debate or what it means, as long as we know which side to put people on...

Like, would anyone here apply such a label to themselves? Actual question?
    Tell that to Cameron with his Yes/No question last June

Leave a comment:

Working...
X