• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who said BBC was leftie..."

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    FTFY.

I object to shoddy reporting of science, but accurate reporting of a campaign by a government agency which turns out to be without scientific basis isn't really the BBC's fault.

And the BBC report does point out that Cancer Research disagrees.
    In any case charcoal, and presumably therefore brown or even burnt toast, absorbs toxins some of which might be carcinogenic.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    FTFY.

I object to shoddy reporting of science, but accurate reporting of a campaign by a government agency which turns out to be without scientific basis isn't really the BBC's fault.

You are going to have fun in the next 4 years with Trump's "alternative facts".

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    FTFY.

you are no fun

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Looks like the Beeb Food Standards Agency got it wrong

https://medium.com/wintoncentre/how-...097#.vw72mbkos
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I think it is excessive worrying about all these health risks that give you cancer/heart attacks/strokes/Alzheimer's/etc etc

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Even more like the DM

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Looks like the Beeb got it wrong

https://medium.com/wintoncentre/how-...097#.vw72mbkos

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    We have all been dying since the day we were born.
    Why not since before you were born?

Quality not quantity is my motto.
    When it comes to toast, I agree. I generally only want one slice so it needs to be good.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    We have all been dying since the day we were born.

Quality not quantity is my motto.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Gets called out as a bellend, uses whoosh AND Hitler in the same reply.
    And the trolls come to feed on the scraps.

Because obviously it wasn't deliberate to mention Hitler and escalate things. I've never heard of Godwin...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    But what if the toast is made with brown bread? They really haven't thought this through

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Fresh air contains oxygen which degrades cells over time. Best not breath then. FFS.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    whoosh?

Hitler was also very good at inciting hatred against certain people groups... why are you defending the DM?
    Gets called out as a bellend, uses whoosh AND Hitler in the same reply.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    if you think Toast is politically aligned then I worry about you.
    whoosh?

Hitler was also very good at inciting hatred against certain people groups... why are you defending the DM?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    if you think Toast is politically aligned then I worry about you.

The wail is like Tesco They are very good at what they do, you might not like it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X