• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan C in the Telegraph"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by fannyadams View Post
    How was it?
    It was a decent evening. I never saw any of the so-called judging (a sly excuse for the "organisers" to blag more free drinks) but the selection of gins on offer were good. Spoke to a couple of reps from the gin companies, they were nice - not pushy and happy to chat to a bunch of drunks.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    You like the "view" of the back of your wifes head

Go on, I'll fall for it:

It's better than the front view.

Ta-da...Boom

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I took my wife up the Oxo Tower once. The views were amazing
    You like the "view" of the back of your wifes head

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is that a euphemism I'm not familiar with? Not like being taken up the Oxo Tower is it?
    I took my wife up the Oxo Tower once. The views were amazing. The food was a bit average, and overpriced, if I'm honest.

What?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    You can keep all those floral 'craft' gins as they don't have the strength to carry a decent vermouth. I'll stick with my Tanqueray Ten.
    I thought the point of those floral gins was to drink them straight ? Loved the Grapefruit & Seville Orange gin last time I tried.

Leave a comment:

• fannyadams
    replied
    How was it?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    You can keep all those floral 'craft' gins as they don't have the strength to carry a decent vermouth. I'll stick with my Tanqueray Ten.
    There's the "floral" ones - things with rhubarb/grapefruit/etc and then there's the craft ones that are just craft gins, such as Silent Pool, Copperhead, Monkey 47, Filliers, etc.
    I'm a big fan of Tanqueray No. Ten, but I also like playing around with cocktails.

A few days ago I was in a local pub which has 32 different gins. They had a sample of a grapefruit gin which The Wife (tm) loved with a splash of Fever Tree. The landlord and I didn't like it, so we started blending.
    Final mix was grapefruit gin, Tanqueray Rangpur and Malibu (with a splash of Fever Tree)

I've been informed that after my years of asking, The Wife (tm) has relented and I now need to choose the still I want for my birthday so I can start making my own gin.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ah! Go down 3 threads and find one not by the usual culprits about Brexit. Didn't bother to read what your post was about but good post all the same.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    That's harsh! She decided she'd rather go to the gym than Battersea.
    One of Elvis Costello's finest works.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I learned a few choice new phrases from NF's links today. None of the above, I hasten to add.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Is that a euphemism I'm not familiar with? Not like being taken up the Oxo Tower is it?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    I was surprised when you pretended to have a friend

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    I was surprised when you pretended to have a friend

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have a spare early bird freebie ticket. No need for anyone to spend a tenner (plus booking fee)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X