• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sithmas Thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sithmas Thread"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    I still want to see Arrival.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Am I the only one who was not that impressed with the last one? I am doing the original three over the hols as usual. Back to back with the Alien trilogy and then Matrix to finish off. I am keeping it old school
    Saw it tonight. Better than the last year's overhyped tulip.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    If you fancy something different and haven't already seen it, Studio Gibli's "Spirited Away" is excellent. As is "Howl's Moving Castle" by the same studio.
    Pretty much anything Studio Ghibli is a winner

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    If you fancy something different and haven't already seen it, Studio Gibli's "Spirited Away" is excellent. As is "Howl's Moving Castle" by the same studio.

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    replied
    Really really good film. A few things irked me but otherwise very impressed. Would definitely watch again

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Saw it today - didn't rate it particularly highly. 6/10, which is probably the lowest I've given any Star Wars film apart from TPM.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Yippie kayyee etc
    KUATB

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Die Hard - the one and only Christmas action movie!
    Yippie kayyee etc

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Highlander I haven't done. Die Hard I have, but not for a long time, definitely worth a revisit!
    Die Hard - the one and only Christmas action movie!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Highlander I haven't done. Die Hard I have, but not for a long time, definitely worth a revisit!
    turn on the Home theatre amp for Highlander, if you are vaguely a queen fan its worth it, they seem to have helped

It could of had a naff soundtrack!

The British rock band Marillion turned down the chance to record the soundtrack because they were on a world tour, a missed opportunity which guitarist Steve Rothery later said he regretted.[14] The band's Scottish lead singer, Fish, had also accepted a part in the film but pulled out because of the scheduling conflict.[15] The eventual soundtrack includes several songs by Queen, such as "A Kind of Magic" and "Princes of the Universe" (the latter also being used for the Highlander television series title sequence).[16] Queen wrote many of the songs specifically to match the mood of the scenes when the songs play, notably Brian May's "Who Wants to Live Forever", concerning the doomed love of Connor and his wife Heather.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I've never watched those! Will give them a try.
    Highlander - Score by Queen & pomposity by Sean I'm a tax exile Connery, very fine film, sequels a bit dicey.

Highlander (1986) - Soundtracks - IMDb

Die Hard - how can you not of seen those?

Best game is to identify which poster each Character reminds you of.

NLYUK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vewBQkBKm5M
    Last edited by vetran; 15 December 2016, 16:25.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Do get the directors final cut, its what Ridley wanted (but not minus the 'narrative' the Exec's thought necessary because it was 'too difficult for the average customer to enjoy'. Also Harrison deliberately Hammed it up but it still got approved. doh!)

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Off to watch it on sun morn with mini STJ, my daughter is a bit young for it (6) so I'll look forward to the war that will ensue when we get back where my son winds her up about it for the rest of the day and she decides to go postal when she finds out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X