• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BMW 525d Touring M Sport - Electric Tailgate..."

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    blimey where do you live Norway?

Take your foot off the accelerator and you will be fine.

Had two incidents of getting stuck in the ClientCo car park in the 5 series I used to have, put my off for life!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    RWD scares me in any form of icy/snowy weather. I was only considering BMW cos of their xDrive thing..
    blimey where do you live Norway?

Take your foot off the accelerator and you will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Top end Skoda Superb estate does 4x4 and no sign of an electronic tailgate.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    New V90 cross country coming soon as well.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Merc are bringing out an E-class equivalent of the A6 Allroad next year - might be interesting if you need pup carrying and a bit of poke/ground clearance

RWD scares me in any form of icy/snowy weather. I was only considering BMW cos of their xDrive thing..

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    If you want an estate for the space, don't buy a beamer - hardly any more space than a decent hatchback. If you want a performance estate, with the space of an estate, you're better off with an Audi or Volvo.

Ta - you're right. The boot space in the 5 Series is v disappointing, having gone to have a look at one and got into the boot on all fours myself (!)

I've currently got the A6 Avant Le Mans model, which is spot on size and spec wise, but has an electric closing boot. This is making it increasingly difficult to get the dog in, so I was looking for an estate with a high spec, but without the electric boot.

I don't think that model appears to exist these days - everyone is now too lazy to close their boot manually. So I shall stick with my A6 for the time being I guess.

Thank you all!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Merc are bringing out an E-class equivalent of the A6 Allroad next year - might be interesting if you need pup carrying and a bit of poke/ground clearance

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    I hired an Octovia estate in Barcelona at the weekend - the ideal large car for any family.

Could have used a sixth year and a sat-nav mind you.... but a bargain of a estate car.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    If you want an estate for the space, don't buy a beamer - hardly any more space than a decent hatchback. If you want a performance estate, with the space of an estate, you're better off with an Audi or Volvo.
    WMS +1

Beemer Estates are tiny. Although Audi's aren't much better. Merc E class is excellent, but if its going to be a second car to carry the pup then look at something like a Skoda Superb or Octavia estate. Brilliant cars for less money if you can live without the badge.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    IIRC it is somewhere big enough for her rather large dog!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Have a look at the BMW website, they have a car configurator that allows you to see that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Ugh. Thought so from the brochures - thanks both.
    Have a look at the BMW website, they have a car configurator that allows you to see that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Ugh. Thought so from the brochures - thanks both.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    What do you mean? How should a button look to be manly rather than girlie?

The convenience opening pack for when you're carrying something is an optional extra though

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    BMW 5 Series (2010 - 2013) review review | Car review | RAC Drive

. All Touring versions were revised in June with automatic tailgate operation as standard
    No girlie button though.

EDIT : Looks like it's standard from SE up.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...series-touring

If you opt for the entry-level SE trimmed 5 Series Touring expect to find it equipped with 6.5in iDrive infotainment system complete with sat nav, Bluetooth and DAB, dual-zone climate control, automatic tailgate, auto wipers and lights, and front and rear parking sensors.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 17 October 2016, 14:27.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X