• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Chop Chop

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chop Chop"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post

It is not the fact they don't want kids it is the fact they are making a song and dance about it.
    With you on that.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Aren't war and genocide quite natural?
    Not really. They are aberrations that occur when greed overrides normal inclusive behaviour. Tragically it happens all too often, but nobody said we were perfect.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Looks like shauny and WTF have finally met their match.
    But only one of us needs to abuse mod privileges to try and strengthen their case.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Well that was interesting.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The number of bees in a hive may be larger than the number of humans in a genocide.
    And those engaging in genocide would often use the claim they're NOT the same species as motivation.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if bees/wasps/ants engage in wars between their own kind, though I don't know if this IS the case... anyone?
    apparently yes

Bees Wage Surprisingly Violent Wars?And Females Do the Fighting

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The number of bees in a hive may be larger than the number of humans in a genocide.
    And those engaging in genocide would often use the claim they're NOT the same species as motivation.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if bees/wasps/ants engage in wars between their own kind, though I don't know if this IS the case... anyone?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Animals definitely fight, sometimes in packs. Wasps try to take out beehives (or vice versa?) which is basically genocide trying to wipe out an entire colony.
    Human genocide is humans (one species) trying to wipe out other members of the same species.

Wasps taking out bees is about attacking a small group of a different species.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    To humans, yes.
    Animals definitely fight, sometimes in packs. Wasps try to take out beehives (or vice versa?) which is basically genocide trying to wipe out an entire colony.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    To humans, yes.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No. it isn't.
    It IS, admittedly, a form of population control, but then again so is Genocide.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    When, in any context, is being selfish good?
    A few possibilities:

When choosing not to have children
    When a carer decides to have a weekend off to have some mental down time
    Putting in extra hours at work to improve your promotion chances
    Setting up a new company
    Bargaining for a discount
    Buying that new toy

I am not say that a truly selfish ideal is good, far from it, but with everything in life there is a balance, sometimes you need to do something for yourself for pure personal profit, but the unintended consequences of your selfish action can have benefits for others, for example the benefits for the above could be:

There are enough unloved children / population
    Looking after yourself lets you help those around you better
    Higher productivity at work
    Employment of others
    If you negotiate a discount it makes it easier for others to do the same
    Adding to the economy

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Looks like shauny and WTF have finally met their match.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    No, you somehow "imagined" I lost your version of the argument. You went off, as you so frequently do, on an irrelevant tangent which I can't be arsed to drag you back from as you would simply repeat the mistake being a tedious little fookwit.
    My "irrelevant tangent" was to point out that your idea of "unnatural" was diametrically opposed to scientific reasoning.

One might have concluded that, with all your "experience in the wide world" you would have little need for Google in reaching any finding. Sadly it seems to be your first port of call for anything and everything. Maybe ask a grown-up?
    I didn't need Google, but since you won't accept facts when presented clearly, I felt citing some sources might provide further evidence. Unfortunately you've fallen back to your MO of childish name-calling and pathetic trolling.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I notice you lost the argument on "natural", so you had to change your wording.
    No, you somehow "imagined" I lost your version of the argument. You went off, as you so frequently do, on an irrelevant tangent which I can't be arsed to drag you back from as you would simply repeat the mistake being a tedious little fookwit.

So, my stupidity (and experience in the wide world) would suggest that humans aren't top of the food chain.
    Let's see if I can find out who or what is...

Let me google that for you
    One might have concluded that, with all your "experience in the wide world" you would have little need for Google in reaching any finding. Sadly it seems to be your first port of call for anything and everything. Maybe ask a grown-up?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    With you on that, although we are talking about a Daily Fail headline, so major pinch of salt to be taken with it.
    Also, aren't swingers parties basically that - let's have sex cause we're not having any more kids? (perhaps some on here will correct me if my concept of swinging isn't the truth)

...although many people in the UK also have house warming parties, which are basically about showing off something materialistic to others and saying "look at us".
    Well erm having never been to a swinger party - I could not possible comment but most of the women look like they had had a kid or two......

as for the house warming party I always though the idea was you did it before you redecorated the house etc so you could have a great party without worrying about someone smiling red wine on your new cream rug...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X