• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car battery shenanigans"

Collapse

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Our car battery went flat last night too.
    Then my Dyson vacuum cleaner motor gave up the ghost.
    My amp is throwing a fit and not passing the signal my the Sky box to the TV.
    My wife left me, for 4 days.

I blame Brexit, or aliens, which are proven to exist through ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics.
    Last edited by ChimpMaster; 21 August 2016, 19:48.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Weird happening today. This morning, my Volvo wouldn't even think about starting. Turned out the battery (five years old) was dead and needed replacing. There was no warning of this - yesterday it was running fine.

This evening, the Citroen C1 we have for the kids... same problem.

I blame Brexit. A lot of these foreign batteries are getting concerned about whether or not they are going to be allowed to stay.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Heh, heh. Just a practice run. I've got something even better planned.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Weird happening today. This morning, my Volvo wouldn't even think about starting. Turned out the battery (five years old) was dead and needed replacing. There was no warning of this - yesterday it was running fine.

Make sure the connections are tight....

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Five years old? I replace mine every 3 years or so.
    I presume the Citroen's battery was equally old?
    Bit early in the year for this to start happening. Usually the first frost brings a crop of dead elderly batteries. They don't like low temps overnight.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Tomorrow your laptop will only work off the mains.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    started a topic Car battery shenanigans

Car battery shenanigans

Working...
X