• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Golf

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Golf"

Collapse

• quackhandle
    replied
    Could never watch a county match but the Ashes is awesome, but I'd say part of that is due to us winning a few series.

The crims are even using the Dukes ball now.

Not a fan of Golf due to being totally hopeless at it. (I did get a par once, apparently a good thing).

Tennis, Golf, Cricket - still elitist sports, but I'd say you could add football to that now with price of tickets. In my day...

qh

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmmm. Not qualified to comment. Crap at both and never watch either.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Tough call. I prefer playing golf, no question about it.
    Watching it, you appreciate how good the pros are, albeit with the 30+ hours a week practice they get and the best clubs, etc., but in terms of excitement, it's not all that.
    As for cricket, I much prefer ODIs and local cricket to test matches as a rule, but gotta love the Ashes for a bit of rivalry with the immigrant Aussies.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well the silly RED trousers clearly appeal to some...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    That's actually a mate of MF's, here's MF in action, he likes to smoke and drive

Speak of the devil.

That is John Daley - looks like he's packed a bit on though.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Not wishing to be contrarian for the sake of it but one of my best sporting memories is being greenside to watch Jon Daley sink the winning putt in the 1994 Open where he beat Constantino Rocca after a play off.

I'd been in the clubhouse all afternoon & was absolutely sozzled and can confirm (from what I remember) that it was very much a carnival atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Unlike MF who plays in his shorts.
    That's actually a mate of MF's, here's MF in action, he likes to smoke and drive

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Golf.

Cricket you can get drunk watching and some of the other fans seem to be acting like it's a carnival.
    I always prefer being in full control while watching cricket

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well the silly trousers clearly appeal to some...
    Unlike MF who plays in his shorts.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Golf.

Cricket you can get drunk watching and some of the other fans seem to be acting like it's a carnival.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Golf - what is the point of it ?
    Well the silly trousers clearly appeal to some...

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Playing cricket (at least at my level) is a nice relaxed event with a decent tea and some beers after.
    Playing golf is as fun as paying tax.

Watching cricket is a perfect excuse to have a few drinks and a nice picnic while chatting with friends.
    Watching golf is as fun as paying tax.

Listening to cricket means the joys of TMS and the shipping forecast.
    Listening to golf is as fun as paying tax.

Cricket wins.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Somewhere out of the office, where big deals can be done.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Golf, a good way to spoil a long walk

Cricket, boring but you can get pissed watching

Leave a comment:

Working...
X