• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Golf - what is the point of it ?
    Well the silly trousers clearly appeal to some...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Golf.

Cricket you can get drunk watching and some of the other fans seem to be acting like it's a carnival.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Well the silly trousers clearly appeal to some...
        Unlike MF who plays in his shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Golf.

Cricket you can get drunk watching and some of the other fans seem to be acting like it's a carnival.
          I always prefer being in full control while watching cricket

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Unlike MF who plays in his shorts.
            That's actually a mate of MF's, here's MF in action, he likes to smoke and drive

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Not wishing to be contrarian for the sake of it but one of my best sporting memories is being greenside to watch Jon Daley sink the winning putt in the 1994 Open where he beat Constantino Rocca after a play off.

I'd been in the clubhouse all afternoon & was absolutely sozzled and can confirm (from what I remember) that it was very much a carnival atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                That's actually a mate of MF's, here's MF in action, he likes to smoke and drive

Speak of the devil.

That is John Daley - looks like he's packed a bit on though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Well the silly RED trousers clearly appeal to some...
                  FTFY
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Tough call. I prefer playing golf, no question about it.
                    Watching it, you appreciate how good the pros are, albeit with the 30+ hours a week practice they get and the best clubs, etc., but in terms of excitement, it's not all that.
                    As for cricket, I much prefer ODIs and local cricket to test matches as a rule, but gotta love the Ashes for a bit of rivalry with the immigrant Aussies.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Hmmm. Not qualified to comment. Crap at both and never watch either.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X